2020 ARIN Election Results
Posted: Tuesday, 03 November 2020
The 2020 ARIN Elections concluded at 5:00 PM ET on Friday, 30 October, and ARIN wishes to congratulate those elected by the community to serve on the ARIN Board of Trustees and ARIN Advisory Council (AC).
Tina Morris has been elected, and incumbent Nancy Carter has been re-elected to the ARIN Board of Trustees. Each will serve a three-year term commencing 1 January 2021.
On behalf of the ARIN Board of Trustees, I would like to recognize and thank outgoing Board member Dan Alexander. Dan has served the ARIN Membership and community for many years on both the Board of Trustees and also as Advisory Council Chair, and we hope you’ll join us in thanking him for his time, his dedication, and his many contributions. We look forward to his ongoing participation in the ARIN community.
Matthew Wilder has been elected, and incumbents Andrew Dul, Anita Nikolich, Leif Sawyer, and Chris Tacit have all been re-elected to serve three-year terms on the AC beginning 1 January 2021. The ARIN Board of Trustees acknowledges and thanks Gary Giesen and Gus Reese for their participation in this year’s elections. The Board looks forward to the continued involvement of these individuals in the ARIN community, including ARIN’s Policy Development Process (PDP).
I would also like to, on behalf of the ARIN Board of Trustees, recognize and thank outgoing Advisory Council member Chris Woodfield for his service. Chris has served on the Advisory Council for four years, first being elected to an interim one-year term in 2016 and then being elected to a three-year term in 2017. His contributions to the ARIN community and policy discussions have been numerous, and we thank him for his time and service.
Paul Andersen, P. Eng
Chair, ARIN Board of Trustees
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws and ARIN Election Processes:
- Call for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council nominations went out to ARIN Members via the email@example.com mailing list and ARIN’s website.
- ARIN nominations for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council closed at a specified date and time as publicly announced and included the opportunity for the receipt of nominations by petition.
- ARIN’s President and CEO notified the Membership of the initial and final slate of candidates for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and NRO Number Council. This included emailing an initial and final slate of candidates to eligible General Members in Good Standing Voting Contacts.
- Candidate biographies were posted to the ARIN website and all eligible General Members in Good Standing Voting Contacts’ were sent an email with a link to the 2020 Voter Guide that contained the candidate biographies.
- Each candidate was provided an opportunity to address the ARIN Membership at the ARIN 46 Virtual Public Policy and Members Meeting on 23 October 2020.
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws:
- ARIN President and CEO, John Curran, certified a list of eligible voters and ARIN Board of Trustee Bill Sandiford, confirmed the President’s review.
- Online voting for General Members in Good Standing began 23 October 2020 at 3:00 PM ET.
- Voting closed eight days later on 30 October 2020 at 5:00 PM ET.
- All online votes were confirmed.
- Quorum was achieved as ballots were cast by over 5% of the total eligible voters.
- The adherence to the approved voting procedure and the vote tally were confirmed by ARIN President and CEO, John Curran, ARIN Board of Trustee Bill Sandiford, and ARIN General Counsel, Stephen Ryan.
- The results are provided below. The election process and results have been verified according to the requirements of the ARIN Bylaws.
Number of Voters: 490 (on behalf of 603 ARIN Member organizations)
Percentage Voted: 9.3% of total voters (10.6% of total organizations)
Number of Voters: 485 (on behalf of 595 ARIN Member organizations)
Percentage Voted: 9.2% of total voters (10.5% of total organizations)
2020 Voter Statistics
- 6,689 ARIN Members as of 8 September 2020
- 5,684 ARIN eligible Voting Organizations* as of 8 September 2020
- ARIN Board of Trustees election: 490 voters on behalf of 603 unique ARIN Member organizations cast a ballot in the ARIN Board of Trustees election
- ARIN Advisory Council election: 485 voters on behalf of 595 unique ARIN Member organizations cast a ballot in the ARIN Advisory Council election
*ARIN Member in Good Standing with a properly registered Voting Contact linked to an ARIN Online account as of 8 September 2020.
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2024 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- Now Closed — Consultation on Email Template Processor Retirement
- Time is Running Out! The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- ARIN Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Audit and PCI DSS Certification
- ARIN 52 Meeting Report Now Available
- Consultation on Retiring Email Templates
- 2023 ARIN Election Results
- ARIN Board Appoints Kevin Blumberg to NRO NC
- Voting Now Open for the 2023 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 52 Begins Today
- » View Archive