ARIN General Counsel Announcement
Posted: Friday, 02 October 2020
For over 20 years, ARIN has been represented by Stephen (Steve) M. Ryan, the last 17 years as our General Counsel. We would like to thank Steve for his outstanding service and congratulate him on his upcoming retirement from his law firm at the end of December 2020. We are happy to report that though he will no longer be serving in his current role, Steve will continue to provide legal consulting services to ARIN.
In light of Steve’s retirement, we are doubly pleased to announce that Michael Abejuela has been selected to serve as ARIN’s General Counsel going forward. Steve and Michael will be transitioning responsibilities over the next quarter with Michael officially assuming the role on 1 January 2021.
Michael currently serves as ARIN’s Deputy General Counsel and has been an ARIN employee since 2010. He brings over 10 years of ARIN institutional experience and 17+ overall legal experience to his new position. Michael practiced at a variety of law firms prior to joining the staff at ARIN, and he earned his Bachelor’s degree from Marymount University and his law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law.
Please join me in thanking Steve and congratulating Michael!
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers, Ltd.
- Consultation on New ARIN Policy Development Process
- Results of Consultation on Open Discussion List
- Congratulations to the 2022 ARIN Community Grant Recipients
- Congratulations to the ARIN 50 Selected Fellows
- Availability of the Legacy Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending as of 31 December 2023
- New ARIN Registration Services Agreement
- The ARIN Test of the RPKI, Announced on 5 August, Has Been Completed
- NRPM 2022.2 - New Policies Implemented
- Introducing the 2022 Slate of Candidates for ARIN Elections
- NRO Number Council Candidates Announced for the ARIN Region
- » View Archive