ARIN General Counsel Announcement
Posted: Friday, 02 October 2020
For over 20 years, ARIN has been represented by Stephen (Steve) M. Ryan, the last 17 years as our General Counsel. We would like to thank Steve for his outstanding service and congratulate him on his upcoming retirement from his law firm at the end of December 2020. We are happy to report that though he will no longer be serving in his current role, Steve will continue to provide legal consulting services to ARIN.
In light of Steve’s retirement, we are doubly pleased to announce that Michael Abejuela has been selected to serve as ARIN’s General Counsel going forward. Steve and Michael will be transitioning responsibilities over the next quarter with Michael officially assuming the role on 1 January 2021.
Michael currently serves as ARIN’s Deputy General Counsel and has been an ARIN employee since 2010. He brings over 10 years of ARIN institutional experience and 17+ overall legal experience to his new position. Michael practiced at a variety of law firms prior to joining the staff at ARIN, and he earned his Bachelor’s degree from Marymount University and his law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law.
Please join me in thanking Steve and congratulating Michael!
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers, Ltd.
- Reminder--Upcoming Security Improvements and Change to RDAP Bootstrap URL
- Now Accepting Applications to ARIN's Virtual Fellowship Program for ARIN 47
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2021 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- ARIN 47 to be Held Virtually This April
- Reminder--Upcoming Security Improvements for Whois-RWS, RDAP, and www.arin.net
- 2020/21 ICANN Board Seat 9 Elections: Comment Phase Opens
- ARIN RDAP Bootstrap Server Change of Address
- Enhancements To Organization Create/Organization Recovery
- NRPM 2020.3 - New Policy Implemented
- Security Improvements for Whois-RWS, RDAP, and www.arin.net
- » View Archive