ARIN General Counsel Announcement
Posted: Friday, 02 October 2020
For over 20 years, ARIN has been represented by Stephen (Steve) M. Ryan, the last 17 years as our General Counsel. We would like to thank Steve for his outstanding service and congratulate him on his upcoming retirement from his law firm at the end of December 2020. We are happy to report that though he will no longer be serving in his current role, Steve will continue to provide legal consulting services to ARIN.
In light of Steve’s retirement, we are doubly pleased to announce that Michael Abejuela has been selected to serve as ARIN’s General Counsel going forward. Steve and Michael will be transitioning responsibilities over the next quarter with Michael officially assuming the role on 1 January 2021.
Michael currently serves as ARIN’s Deputy General Counsel and has been an ARIN employee since 2010. He brings over 10 years of ARIN institutional experience and 17+ overall legal experience to his new position. Michael practiced at a variety of law firms prior to joining the staff at ARIN, and he earned his Bachelor’s degree from Marymount University and his law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law.
Please join me in thanking Steve and congratulating Michael!
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers, Ltd.
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2024 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- Time is Running Out! The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- ARIN Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Audit and PCI DSS Certification
- ARIN 52 Meeting Report Now Available
- Consultation on Retiring Email Templates
- 2023 ARIN Election Results
- ARIN Board Appoints Kevin Blumberg to NRO NC
- Voting Now Open for the 2023 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 52 Begins Today
- 2023 Customer Satisfaction Survey Results
- » View Archive