ARIN General Counsel Announcement
Posted: Friday, 02 October 2020
For over 20 years, ARIN has been represented by Stephen (Steve) M. Ryan, the last 17 years as our General Counsel. We would like to thank Steve for his outstanding service and congratulate him on his upcoming retirement from his law firm at the end of December 2020. We are happy to report that though he will no longer be serving in his current role, Steve will continue to provide legal consulting services to ARIN.
In light of Steve’s retirement, we are doubly pleased to announce that Michael Abejuela has been selected to serve as ARIN’s General Counsel going forward. Steve and Michael will be transitioning responsibilities over the next quarter with Michael officially assuming the role on 1 January 2021.
Michael currently serves as ARIN’s Deputy General Counsel and has been an ARIN employee since 2010. He brings over 10 years of ARIN institutional experience and 17+ overall legal experience to his new position. Michael practiced at a variety of law firms prior to joining the staff at ARIN, and he earned his Bachelor’s degree from Marymount University and his law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law.
Please join me in thanking Steve and congratulating Michael!
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers, Ltd.
- Don’t Forget to Attend the Third and Final Day of ARIN 46
- ARIN 46 Begins Today
- ARIN 46 Will Be Here Soon – Get Ready!
- Prioritize the Questions for the 2020 ARIN Election Candidate Forums
- ARIN General Counsel Announcement
- ARIN Announces the 2020 ARIN Election Final Slate of Candidates
- Policy, Elections, and More Coming up at ARIN 46
- What Questions Do You Have for Candidates in the 2020 ARIN Elections?
- NRPM 2020.2 - New Policies Implemented
- ARIN 46 Registration Now Open
- » View Archive