ARIN Announces Initial Slate of Candidates for the 2020 ARIN Elections; Petition Period Open
Posted: Wednesday, 09 September 2020
Elections for two seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five seats on the ARIN Advisory Council (AC) will be held online 23 October through 30 October 2020. The 2020 Nomination Committee has put forth the following candidates who have agreed to run for the terms that will begin on 1 January 2021:
Board of Trustees:
- Dan Alexander, Comcast
- Nancy Carter, CANARIE
- Tina Morris, Amazon
- Andrew Dul, 8 Continents Networks LLC
- Gary Giesen, CentriLogic Inc.
- Anita Nikolich, University of Illinois
- Gus Reese, Cogent Communications Inc
- Leif Sawyer, GCI Communications Corp.
- Christian Tacit, Tacit Law
- Matthew Wilder, TELUS
A compilation of candidate biographies and questionnaire responses is available at:
You are encouraged to submit Statements of Support for the candidates at:
Please note that all candidate Statements of Support are automatically held for moderation and will be posted, upon approval, within one business day.
Call for Petitions
The Call for Petitions is also now open. Any individual, regardless of membership status, may be placed on the ballot for election to the ARIN Board of Trustees or Advisory Council if they successfully complete the ARIN petition process. (ARIN Bylaws, Article VIII, Section 2.b.) Expressions of intent to petition are due by 16 September 2020. For a candidate to be placed on the ballot, a petition must obtain the support of at least 126 eligible Voting Contacts from General Members in Good Standing (2% of eligible voters as of 21 May 2020 when nominations opened) between 18 September through 2 October. For details about the petition process, please visit:
ARIN will announce a final Slate of Candidates for the ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council no later than 4 October.
On behalf of ARIN and the ARIN community, congratulations and good luck to this year’s candidates. ARIN acknowledges and appreciates the time and commitment that elected candidates are willing to make towards ensuring the viability and growth of ARIN, the community, and the Internet. ARIN also recognizes and wishes to thank its member organizations, specifically Voting Contacts, whose ongoing involvement and ballots are crucial for electing ARIN leadership who will help shape the future of ARIN and the Internet! ARIN would also like to thank members of this year’s Nomination Committee who worked hard to produce a solid slate of candidates for this year’s elections.
For questions related to the election process, please email email@example.com.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Community Input Sought for the 2021 Nominee Questionnaires
- Registration Now Open for ARIN/CTU Caribbean Internet Public Policy Forum
- The 2021 Nomination Committee Is Seeking Volunteers
- May Webinars on the IRR RESTful API, IPv6, Leadership, and IRR-Online Now Open for Registration
- ARIN 47 Meeting Report Now Available
- 2020 Annual Report Now Available
- New Webinar Registration Now Open--Using ARIN's RESTful API for IRR
- Reminder--Upcoming Change to RDAP Bootstrap URL Planned for 30 June 2021
- ARIN 47 Begins Today
- Consultation on ARIN Fees
- » View Archive