Service Level Delivery Notice
Posted: Tuesday, 30 June 2020
ARIN’s Registration Services Department is currently not meeting the service level objective of response within two business days for all transactions.
ARIN recently introduced a trial Chat service to customers logged in to ARIN Online which has proven to be extremely successful and embraced by our customers since its release on 6 April 2020. It was anticipated that the Chat feature would result in a lower call rate to the help desk but that has not been the case. We released the new ARIN Internet Routing Registry (IRR) on 10 June 2020, which has resulted in a spike in interest and questions from our customers due to the high interest in routing security. With the release of these new services, coupled with the ever increasing interest and use of RPKI, the Registration Services Department has received a swift increase in the number of contacts to the help desk. Not only have we taken on the addition of providing service via Chat, we’ve seen an increase in both ticketed requests and call volume.
Due to the success of our Chat service and IRR, combined with a waiting list distribution this week and the uptick in RPKI adoption, it is proving difficult for our Registration Services team to continue meeting our service level objectives of two business days. We will continue to press forward, arrange for additional team resources, and endeavor to get back to our normal turnaround times. We would like to express our gratitude for the understanding and patience our customers have shown us. We hope to be back on schedule soon.
Director of Registration Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- ARIN Announces the Final Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 48 Begins Today
- ARIN 48 Hotel Discount Expires Soon
- Rank the Proposed Questions for the 2021 ARIN Election Candidate Forums
- ARIN Has a New Blog
- Congratulations to ARIN 48 Selected Fellows
- Submit Your Questions for Candidates in the 2021 ARIN Elections
- NRO Number Council Candidates Announced for the ARIN Region
- Meet the Initial Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections; Petition Period Open
- Don't Miss the Second Chance to Join Us - Enhance your Routing Security Using ARIN's Hosted RPKI
- » View Archive