Service Level Delivery Notice
Posted: Tuesday, 30 June 2020
ARIN’s Registration Services Department is currently not meeting the service level objective of response within two business days for all transactions.
ARIN recently introduced a trial Chat service to customers logged in to ARIN Online which has proven to be extremely successful and embraced by our customers since its release on 6 April 2020. It was anticipated that the Chat feature would result in a lower call rate to the help desk but that has not been the case. We released the new ARIN Internet Routing Registry (IRR) on 10 June 2020, which has resulted in a spike in interest and questions from our customers due to the high interest in routing security. With the release of these new services, coupled with the ever increasing interest and use of RPKI, the Registration Services Department has received a swift increase in the number of contacts to the help desk. Not only have we taken on the addition of providing service via Chat, we’ve seen an increase in both ticketed requests and call volume.
Due to the success of our Chat service and IRR, combined with a waiting list distribution this week and the uptick in RPKI adoption, it is proving difficult for our Registration Services team to continue meeting our service level objectives of two business days. We will continue to press forward, arrange for additional team resources, and endeavor to get back to our normal turnaround times. We would like to express our gratitude for the understanding and patience our customers have shown us. We hope to be back on schedule soon.
Director of Registration Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- The 2023 Nomination Committee
- 2022 Annual Report Now Available
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- Register Today for Our “Get to Know the ARIN Policy Development Process” Webinar
- Announcing the 2023 ARIN Grant Selection Committee
- Last Chance to Complete the ARIN Customer Satisfaction Survey
- ARIN Online Maintenance Scheduled for 13 May
- ARIN 51 Meeting Report Now Available
- New Policy Development Process Now Implemented
- Billing System Maintenance Scheduled for 27 April
- » View Archive