New Base URL for Reg-RWS
Posted: Wednesday, 19 February 2020
On 16 July and 30 October of 2019, we announced plans to implement changes to our RESTful API. We noted that these changes might impact the way you interface with ARIN Online for sending reassignment information and receiving reports through ARIN’s Registration RESTful Service (Reg-RWS).
These changes consist of:
- The base URL
https://www.arin.net/RESTwill no longer be available for Reg-RWS. You must change your base URL to
https://reg.arin.netto interface with ARIN’s Reg-RWS service. The base URL reg.arin.net has been in place for seven years as the improved way of interfacing with ARIN via Reg-RWS.
- ARIN will no longer be supporting TLS version 1.0 for Reg-RWS’s transport layer because of well-known security issues with this version of the protocol. We will continue to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2. Please make sure your client implementation will support TLS 1.1 or 1.2. Read https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate/ for further details.
The change to TLS support was completed successfully on 4 February, 2020. On 19 February 2020, we completed the change of the base URL to
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- ARIN Announces the Final Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 48 Begins Today
- ARIN 48 Hotel Discount Expires Soon
- Rank the Proposed Questions for the 2021 ARIN Election Candidate Forums
- ARIN Has a New Blog
- Congratulations to ARIN 48 Selected Fellows
- Submit Your Questions for Candidates in the 2021 ARIN Elections
- NRO Number Council Candidates Announced for the ARIN Region
- Meet the Initial Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections; Petition Period Open
- Don't Miss the Second Chance to Join Us - Enhance your Routing Security Using ARIN's Hosted RPKI
- » View Archive