New Base URL for Reg-RWS
Posted: Wednesday, 19 February 2020
On 16 July and 30 October of 2019, we announced plans to implement changes to our RESTful API. We noted that these changes might impact the way you interface with ARIN Online for sending reassignment information and receiving reports through ARIN’s Registration RESTful Service (Reg-RWS).
These changes consist of:
- The base URL
https://www.arin.net/RESTwill no longer be available for Reg-RWS. You must change your base URL to
https://reg.arin.netto interface with ARIN’s Reg-RWS service. The base URL reg.arin.net has been in place for seven years as the improved way of interfacing with ARIN via Reg-RWS.
- ARIN will no longer be supporting TLS version 1.0 for Reg-RWS’s transport layer because of well-known security issues with this version of the protocol. We will continue to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2. Please make sure your client implementation will support TLS 1.1 or 1.2. Read https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate/ for further details.
The change to TLS support was completed successfully on 4 February, 2020. On 19 February 2020, we completed the change of the base URL to
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Policy, Elections, and More Coming up at ARIN 46
- What Questions Do You Have for Candidates in the 2020 ARIN Elections?
- NRPM 2020.2 - New Policies Implemented
- ARIN Announces Initial Slate of Candidates for the 2020 ARIN Elections; Petition Period Open
- ARIN 46 Registration Now Open
- 12-13 August RPKI Outage: Update
- 2020 ARIN Election Timeline Changes
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- Maintenance Outage for ARIN's Payment Processing System on 17 August
- Last Chance to Complete ARIN Customer Satisfaction Survey
- » View Archive