Removal of TLS 1.0 Support for Whois-RWS and RDAP
Posted: Wednesday, 12 February 2020
On 15 October 2019 and 13 January 2020, we announced plans to implement a change with ARIN’s Whois-RWS and RDAP services. We noted that this change may impact the way you interface programmatically with ARIN to query and retrieve information from these services.
With this change, ARIN no longer supports TLS version 1.0 for Whois-RWS and RDAP services because of well-known security issues with this version of the protocol. We will continue to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2. Please make sure your client implementation will support TLS 1.1 or 1.2. Read https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate/ for further details.
ARIN implemented these changes to remove TLS 1.0 support on 12 February 2020. We recommend that you review your clients that interface with the Whois-RWS and RDAP services, and verify that your clients are operating successfully with ARIN.
If you are still using TLS 1.0, you will need to make configuration changes to use TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 to successfully interface with ARIN. If you have additional questions, comments, or issues, please submit an Ask ARIN ticket using your ARIN Online account, or contact the Registration Services Help Desk by phone Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET at +1.703.227.0660.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- ARIN Announces the Final Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 48 Begins Today
- ARIN 48 Hotel Discount Expires Soon
- Rank the Proposed Questions for the 2021 ARIN Election Candidate Forums
- ARIN Has a New Blog
- Congratulations to ARIN 48 Selected Fellows
- Submit Your Questions for Candidates in the 2021 ARIN Elections
- NRO Number Council Candidates Announced for the ARIN Region
- Meet the Initial Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections; Petition Period Open
- Don't Miss the Second Chance to Join Us - Enhance your Routing Security Using ARIN's Hosted RPKI
- » View Archive