Removal of TLS 1.0 Support for Whois-RWS and RDAP
Posted: Wednesday, 12 February 2020
On 15 October 2019 and 13 January 2020, we announced plans to implement a change with ARIN’s Whois-RWS and RDAP services. We noted that this change may impact the way you interface programmatically with ARIN to query and retrieve information from these services.
With this change, ARIN no longer supports TLS version 1.0 for Whois-RWS and RDAP services because of well-known security issues with this version of the protocol. We will continue to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2. Please make sure your client implementation will support TLS 1.1 or 1.2. Read https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate/ for further details.
ARIN implemented these changes to remove TLS 1.0 support on 12 February 2020. We recommend that you review your clients that interface with the Whois-RWS and RDAP services, and verify that your clients are operating successfully with ARIN.
If you are still using TLS 1.0, you will need to make configuration changes to use TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 to successfully interface with ARIN. If you have additional questions, comments, or issues, please submit an Ask ARIN ticket using your ARIN Online account, or contact the Registration Services Help Desk by phone Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET at +1.703.227.0660.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- ARIN Beginning Live Chat Trial on 6 April
- NRPM 2020.1 - New Policies Implemented
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- ARIN 45 Moving to Virtual Meeting Format
- ARIN Chantilly Office – Increased COVID-19 Response Status
- Seeking Volunteer for ARIN Mailing List AUP Committee
- Apply Now for an ARIN Community Grant
- OT&E Servers Available to Test Upcoming SWIP Changes
- ARIN Announces the 2020 Fellowship Committee
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2020 ARIN Grant Selection Committee
- » View Archive