New Base URL for Reg-RWS on 19 February
Posted: Thursday, 06 February 2020
On 16 July and 30 October of 2019, we announced plans to implement changes to our RESTful API. We noted that these changes might impact the way you interface with ARIN Online for sending reassignment information and receiving reports through ARIN’s Registration RESTful Service (Reg-RWS). The changes are:
- The base URL
https://www.arin.net/RESTwill be no longer be available for Reg-RWS. You must change your base URL to
https://reg.arin.netto interface with ARIN’s Reg-RWS service. The base URL reg.arin.net has been in place for seven years as the improved way of interfacing with ARIN via Reg-RWS.
- ARIN will no longer be supporting TLS 1.0 for Reg-RWS’s transport layer. There are well-known security issues with this protocol. We will continue to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2. Please make sure your client implementation will support TLS 1.1 or 1.2. Read https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate/ for further details.
The change to TLS support was completed successfully, but some customers were not ready for the change to the Reg-RWS base URL and requested a short delay. In order to allow these customers additional time to update their systems, we reverted that change temporarily.
We will move ahead with changing the base URL to
https://reg.arin.net on 19 February following additional outreach to the impacted customers who contacted ARIN. We will send a follow-up confirmation to the community once that change is completed. We strongly recommend that you review your clients that interface with the Reg-RWS service and make any required configuration or code changes.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Independence Day Closing Information
- Service Level Delivery Notice
- ARIN 45 Meeting Report Now Available
- ARIN 45 Begins Today
- ARIN 45 Will Be Here Soon – Get Ready!
- New Internet Routing Registry Release
- Deadline Approaching to Apply for an ARIN Community Grant
- Make a Difference in the 2020 ARIN Elections – Submit a Nomination Today!
- Have You Registered Yet for the ARIN 45 Virtual Meeting?
- 2019 ARIN Annual Report Now Available
- » View Archive