ARIN Announces New Relying Party Agreement (RPA) To Spur Use of RPKI
Posted: Monday, 21 October 2019
Today, ARIN published a new Relying Party Agreement (RPA) for RPKI.
Background: In response to feedback from the community, ARIN had previously updated its processes to allow organizations to directly download our Trust Anchor Locator (TAL) from our website, noting that by doing so they were agreeing to be bound by the RPA. This was intended to accommodate and overcome claimed barriers to RPKI adoption.
Today’s new RPA includes modifications to address constructive suggestions that have been raised by members of the community both publicly and directly with ARIN. ARIN has included the following changes in the RPA:
- The ability to make available the ARIN RPKI information to any third party for informational purposes (e.g. reporting, educational, research, summary or statistical purposes) has been expanded to allow for distribution in machine-readable formats; and
- The RPA’s indemnification clause has been more narrowly scoped to exclude the indemnification of possible ARIN misconduct.
ARIN has also now made a Redistributor RPA available for qualified organizations that wish to distribute RPKI-related data for purposes not covered in this standard RPA, including but not limited to distribution for real-time routing purposes. Interested organizations should contact ARIN via the information available on the Trust Anchor Locator page on our website.
ARIN hopes that these additional changes to the RPA, alongside simplified access to the TAL, will encourage organizations’ adoption of RPKI to secure Internet routing.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- IANA Issues IPv6 Block to ARIN
- ASO Use of Empowered Community Powers for ICANN Fundamental Bylaw Change
- 2019 ARIN Election Results
- ARIN 44 Meeting Report Now Available
- Vote Now in the 2019 ARIN Board of Trustees, ARIN Advisory Council, and NRO NC Elections
- ARIN 44 Begins Today
- Reminder: Changes to Reg-RWS scheduled for 2 December
- ARIN 44 Will Be Here Soon – Get Ready!
- Lunch by the Numbers Coming to Alexandria, VA in December
- ARIN Announces New Relying Party Agreement (RPA) To Spur Use of RPKI
- » View Archive