ARIN Board Suspends Waiting List Issuance Policy
Posted: Thursday, 07 February 2019
At their business meeting in January 2019, the ARIN Board of Trustees, in light of the potential misuse of number resources under NRPM section 4.1.8 (Unmet Requests), suspended issuance of number resources per NRPM section 220.127.116.11. (Fulfilling unmet needs), and referred NRPM section 4.1.8 to the ARIN Advisory Council for their recommendation. ARIN will complete open transactions to waiting list organizations where IPv4 addresses have already been approved pending fee payment.
We will continue to accept and process IPv4 requests according to NRPM 4.1.8, and organizations may be added to the waiting list while waiting list issuance is suspended. All future IPv4 address space issued under this policy is subject to the outcome of pending policy review.
To view the Board meeting minutes, visit: https://www.arin.net/about_us/bot/bot2019_0116.html
View NRPM 4.1.8 at:
President & CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- ARIN 44 Meeting Report Now Available
- Vote Now in the 2019 ARIN Board of Trustees, ARIN Advisory Council, and NRO NC Elections
- ARIN 44 Begins Today
- Reminder: Changes to Reg-RWS scheduled for 2 December
- ARIN 44 Will Be Here Soon – Get Ready!
- Lunch by the Numbers Coming to Alexandria, VA in December
- ARIN Announces New Relying Party Agreement (RPA) To Spur Use of RPKI
- Updates to ARIN’s Whois-RWS and RDAP Services
- Participate in the Public Policy Process at ARIN 44
- Select the Questions for ARIN’s Board of Trustees Candidate Forum in Austin
- » View Archive