Call for Community Consultation - ARIN Services and Database Access for Invalid Points of Contact (POCs)
Posted: Monday, 15 November 2010
ARIN is seeking community input regarding the availability of ARIN services to invalid Points of Contact (POCs) identified by ARIN's POC Validation Process. Please refer to Number Resource Policy Manual section 3.6 Annual Whois POC Validation for background, https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#three6.
Based on feedback expressed at the recent ARIN Public Policy and Member Meeting in Atlanta as well as the Public Policy Mailing List (PPML), ARIN is considering implementing changes to the services available to Invalid POCs. These changes are intended to further improve the accuracy of POC data in ARIN's Whois by requiring users to validate their invalid POCs prior to requesting services and database changes.
The proposed changes limit services to users linked to Invalid POCs in the following manner:
- ARIN Online users would only have access to POC validation and modification features until they validate any non-validated POCs to which they are linked. Once validated, an ARIN Online user would have access to all available ARIN Online functionality.
- Any service requests made through ARIN’s RESTful Provisioning Service, https://www.arin.net/resources/restful-interfaces.html, would be returned with a message directing users to validate their associated POC information through ARIN Online.
- Template submissions for POC, organization, network modifications, v4 simple reassignments, v4 detailed reassignments, v4 reallocations, v6 detailed reassignments and v6 reallocation requests would be returned with a message directing users to validate their associated POC information through ARIN Online.
- Templates requesting resources directly from ARIN (v4 ISP request, v4 End-User request, v6 ISP request, v6 End-User request, ASN, experimental), or requesting resource transfers or ASN modifications would be accepted and ticketed, however, they will not be processed if the POC is invalid. ARIN staff would notify submitters via email to validate their associated POC information through ARIN Online.
- Other services and/or functionality may be added in this change of service at ARIN's discretion.
This change in service will be implemented in early-to-mid 2011 if supported by the community.
Comments regarding this proposed service change for Invalid POCs can be submitted through the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion Process, available at: https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/index.html.
Please submit your feedback to the firstname.lastname@example.org. You can subscribe to this mailing list at:
Discussion on email@example.com will close on 15 December 2010, at Noon EST.
ARIN welcomes community-wide participation. Please address any process questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.