ARIN XVII - Policy Proposals
Posted: Mon, 13 Mar 2006
ARIN will hold its next Public Policy and Members Meeting in Montreal on 10-12 April 2006. Meeting and registration details can be found at: http://www.arin.net/ARIN-XVII/index.html
Policy discussions at this meeting will focus on policy proposals recently introduced to the Public Policy Mailing List (PPML), and those carried over from the previous Public Policy Meeting.
Policy Proposals recently introduced on PPML:
- 2005-9: 4-Byte AS Number
- 2006-1: Residential Customer Privacy
- 2006-2: Micro-allocations for Internal Infrastructure
- 2006-3: Capturing Originations in Templates
- 2006-4: IPv6 Direct PI Assignments for End Sites
- 2006-5: IPv4 Micro-allocations for anycast services (temporary)
Policy Proposals carried over from the previous Public Policy Meeting:
- 2005-1: Provider-independent IPv6 Assignments for End Sites
- 2005-8: Proposal to amend ARIN IPv6 assignment and utilisation requirement
Policy proposals are open for discussion on PPML. Each of the policy proposals has been previously posted to PPML an independent thread to facilitate discussion. A summary of the active policy proposals under discussion can be found at: http://www.arin.net/policy/proposal_archive.html
The entire Internet community is invited and encouraged to participate in these policy discussions. Your active participation in these discussions is vital to the process and will help to form policies that are beneficial to all.
Mailing list subscription information can be found at: http://www.arin.net/mailing_lists/index.html
Member Services Department
American Registry for Internet Numbers
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.