Consultation on Proposed Bylaws Changes [Archived]
OUT OF DATE?
Here in the Vault, information is published in its final form and then not changed or updated. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references, may be out-of-date or no longer available.
Posted: Thursday, 03 March 2016
On 29 February 2016, the ARIN Board of Trustees proposed changes to the ARIN Bylaws. Per Article X. Section 6.b. of the Bylaws, several of these changes require community notification and consultation before they can be adopted. ARIN is conducting this community consultation to obtain feedback on the proposed set of Bylaws changes.
The proposed changes include:
- Improving language for appointment of a Trustee for purposes of improving overall Board diversity of skills or background
- Clarifying the staggering of terms for Trustee and Advisory Council members
- Modifying the Trustee removal process to make removals by the Board of Trustees subject to membership ratification
- Clarifying the process for interim appointments and partial terms
- Changing the processes for Bylaws changes and Articles of Incorporation changes so all changes are sent to community consultation before final adoption by the Board of Trustees.
A full redline version of the proposed changes are available for review at:
Please provide comments to email@example.com You can subscribe to this mailing list at:
This notification and consultation period will close at 5 PM EDT, 2 April 2016. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
President & CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)