Last Reminder: Call for ICANN Board Nominations Close 31 December 2014 [Archived]
OUT OF DATE?
Posted: Monday, 22 December 2014
This is a last reminder of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) call for nominations for Seat Number 9 on the ICANN Board.
Nominations period will close at 23:59 UTC on 31 December 2014. The ASO AC election procedures are found in Section 7 of the ASO Operating Procedures and are available on the ASO website at:https://aso.icann.org/documents/operational-documents/operating-procedures-aso-ac/
Article VI of the ICANN Bylaws states that: “At any given time, no two Directors selected by a Supporting Organization shall be citizens from the same country or of countries located in the same Geographic Region.” The ASO AC selection for Seat 10 of the ICANN Board of Directors resides in the APNIC region, so nominees for Seat 9 cannot reside in the APNIC region.
Submit nominations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- Full name of the person being nominated
- Contact email address for the person being nominated
- Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
- Full name of the person making the nomination
- Contact email address for the person making the nomination
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
All candidates must sign a Letter of Certification declaring that they are of good character. The selected andidate will undergo an independent due diligence review by an ICANN contractor, and announcement of the candidate will follow once this review has been successfully completed.
The time frame for the selection process is as follows:
- Nomination Phase 24 October 2014 to 31 December 2014
- Comment Phase 1 January 2015 to 31 March 2015
- Interview Phase 1 February 2015 to 31 March 2015
- Selection Process 1 April 2015 to 17 April 2015
- Due Diligence Review 18 April 2015 to 31 May 2015
- Announcement no later than 1 June 2015
All phases will conclude at 23:59 UTC on the date specified. For further information and ongoing notices about the selection process, please visit:https://aso.icann.org/aso-icann/icann-board-elections/2015-elections/