Final Slate of Candidates Announced for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council [Archived]
OUT OF DATE?
Here in the Vault, information is published in its final form and then not changed or updated. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references, may be out-of-date or no longer available.
Posted: Thursday, 08 October 2009
Elections for three (3) seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five (5) seats on the ARIN Advisory Council will be held online 21-31 October. Details of the election procedures will be presented on 21 October at the Public Policy Meeting and will be posted on ARIN’s website.
The final slate of candidates is:
Board of Trustees:
- Paul Andersen, EGATE Networks, Inc.
- Scott Bradner, Harvard University
- Lee Howard, Time Warner Cable
- Aaron Hughes, 6connect
- Frederick Silny, Charlotte Russe Holding, Inc.
- Mark Bayliss, Visual Link Internet
- John Brown, Citylink Fiber Holdings
- Rudolf Daniel, Independent
- Steve Feldman, CBS Interactive
- Wes George, Sprint
- Chris Grundemann, TW Telecom Inc / CO ISOC
- Stacy Hughes, Guavus, Inc
- Kevin Hunt, Hunt Brothers of Louisiana, LLC
- Mark Johnson, MCNC
- Ed Kern, Cisco
- Chris Morrow, Google
- Christopher Savage, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP
- Heather Schiller, Verizon
- Rob Seastrom, Afilias
- Scott Weeks, Hawaiian Telcom
- Tom Zeller, Indiana University
Thomas Leonard and Bill Sandiford did not receive the 172 petition signatures from designated member representatives to be included on the final slate of candidates for the Advisory Council. Additionally note that on 29 September Kevin Kargel withdrew his candidacy from the Advisory Council.
Many of the candidates will address the membership at the 21 October Members Meeting in Dearborn. Individuals unable to attend the meeting can watch the live webcast to hear the speeches. These candidate speeches will be posted to the website within 3 days. Brief biographies and a form to voice support for candidates can be found at:
Designated member representatives (DMR) from ARIN’s General Members in good standing will be eligible to vote for three (3) candidates in the Board election and five (5) candidates in the Advisory Council election. ARIN Member Services requires a name and personalized email address be on record for the DMR; role accounts are not acceptable. As stated in previous announcements, the deadline for establishing voter eligibility was 7 October 2009.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)