Updates to ARIN’s Whois-RWS and RDAP Services
Posted: Tuesday, 15 October 2019
On 12 Feb 2020, there will be a change made to ARIN’s Whois-RWS and RDAP services that are used to display registration information. This change may impact the way you interface programmatically with ARIN to query and retrieve information from these services.
ARIN will no longer be supporting TLS 1.0 for Whois-RWS and RDAP services. There are well-known security issues with this protocol. We will continue to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2. Please make sure your client implementation will support TLS 1.1 or 1.2. Read https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate/ for further details.
We are providing you advance notice of these changes, as you may need to make configuration or code changes on your clients that interface with Whois-RWS and RDAP services. Both TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are available now. We encourage you to make these changes so you will have no operational impact when we disable the vulnerable transport protocols.
So that you can plan your upgrades accordingly, we would also like to inform you of future planned events for this service. We will be adding TLS 1.3 support to Whois-RWS and RDAP in the near future. We also anticipate announcing end-of-service support for TLS 1.1, with another corresponding 120-day warning notice.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- ARIN Online Maintenance Scheduled for 25 January 2020
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Closing Information
- On the Road to Memphis and San Antonio
- Reminder: Changes to Whois-RWS and RDAP Scheduled for 12 February 2020
- ARIN 45 Registration Now Open
- Updates to RPKI at ARIN
- ARIN Online and arin.net Operational
- Happy Holidays from ARIN!
- Deletion of “Orphaned” Point of Contact and Organization Records
- ARIN Announces Implementation of Weekly Waitlist Distribution
- » View Archive