ARIN Announces Initial Slate of Candidates for the 2019 ARIN Elections; Petition Period Open
Posted: Monday, 23 September 2019
Elections for two seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five seats on the ARIN Advisory Council (AC) will be held online 31 October through 8 November 2019. The 2019 Nomination Committee has put forth the following candidates who have agreed to run for the terms that will begin on 1 January 2020:
Board of Trustees:
- Bram Abramson, Technology Counsel
- Patrick W. Gilmore, Addrex
- Jacob Glick, North Inc.
- Catherine Middleton, Ryerson University
- Bill Sandiford, Intelligens
- Jeffrey Anderson, Implex.net
- Owen DeLong, DeLong Consulting
- Alyssa Moore, Canadian Internet Registration Authority
- Tina Morris, Amazon Web Services
- Anita Nikolich, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Joe Provo, Google
- Steven Wallace, Indiana University
- Matthew Wilder, TELUS Communications
- Alison Wood, State of Oregon
A compilation of candidate biographies and questionnaire responses is available at:
You are encouraged to submit Statements of Support for the candidates at:
Please note that all candidate Statements of Support are automatically held for moderation and will be posted, upon approval, within one business day.
The Call for Petitions is also now open. Any individual, regardless of membership status, may be placed on the ballot for election to the ARIN Board of Trustees or Advisory Council if they successfully complete the ARIN petition process. (ARIN Bylaws, Article VIII, Section 2.b.) Expressions of intent to petition are due by 30 September 2019.
For a candidate to be placed on the ballot, a petition must obtain the support of at least 100 eligible Voting Contacts from General Members in Good Standing (2% of eligible voters as of 15 July 2019 when nominations opened) between 4 October through 17 October. For details about the petition process, please visit:
ARIN will announce a final Slate of Candidates for the ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council no later than 21 October.
On behalf of ARIN and the ARIN community, congratulations and good luck to this year’s candidates. ARIN acknowledges and appreciates the time and commitment that elected candidates are willing to make towards ensuring the viability and growth of ARIN, the community, and the Internet. ARIN also recognizes and wishes to thank its member organizations, specifically Voting Contacts, whose ongoing involvement and ballots are crucial for electing ARIN leadership who will help shape the future of ARIN and the Internet! ARIN would also like to thank members of this year’s Nomination Committee who worked hard to produce a solid slate of candidates for this year’s elections.
For questions related to the election process, please email the Member Services team at ,firstname.lastname@example.org..
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- ARIN Online Maintenance Scheduled for 25 January 2020
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Closing Information
- On the Road to Memphis and San Antonio
- Reminder: Changes to Whois-RWS and RDAP Scheduled for 12 February 2020
- ARIN 45 Registration Now Open
- Updates to RPKI at ARIN
- ARIN Online and arin.net Operational
- Happy Holidays from ARIN!
- Deletion of “Orphaned” Point of Contact and Organization Records
- ARIN Announces Implementation of Weekly Waitlist Distribution
- » View Archive