Nominations for Seat 9 on ICANN Board Close 16 January 2012
Posted: Wednesday, 11 January 2012
The Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) call for nominations for Seat Number 9 on the ICANN Board will close at 23:59 UTC on 16 January 2012.
The ASO AC election procedures are found in Section 7 of the ASO Operating Procedures and are available on the ASO website at: http://aso.icann.org/documents/operating-procedures-aso-ac/
Article VI of the ICANN Bylaws states that: "At any given time, no two Directors selected by a Supporting Organization shall be citizens from the same country or of countries located in the same Geographic Region." The ASO AC selection for Seat 10 of the ICANN Board of Directors resides in the APNIC region, so nominees for Seat 9 cannot reside in the APNIC region.
Submit nominations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- Full name of the person being nominated
- Contact email address for the person being nominated
- Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
- Full name of the person making the nomination
- Contact email address for the person making the nomination
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The full time frame for the selection process is as follows:
- Nomination Phase 1 November 2011 to 16 January 2012
- Comment Phase 17 January 2012 - 19 April 2012
- Interview Phase 20 February 2012 - 19 April 2012
- The deadline for return of written questionnaires is 20 February 2012.
- Telephone and face-to-face interviews with selected candidates may take place.
- Selection Phase 23 April 2012 - 14 May 2012
- Due Diligence Review 15 May 2012 - 15 June 2012
- Winner Announced 18 June 2012 (or earlier, based on completion date of due diligence review)
All phases will conclude at 23:59 UTC on the date specified.
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.