These pages and the links below are presented in the format of ARIN policy that was effective through October 14, 2004. This method of formatting was superseded by the format in the Number Resource Policy Manual (NRPM), which was published on October 15, 2004.
ARIN's member mailing list ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) is designed to host discussions regarding IP address policy issues and other factors affecting ARIN. Any discussions posted to this list must 1.) relate to the issues and policies generally considered to be current and relevant, affecting a broad scope of users and networks and/or 2.) relate to ARIN matters.
The following guidelines have been established to allow for effective exchange of information in a responsible way by all ARIN members. These guidelines must be strictly adhered to in order to keep this mailing list an effective open forum.
- All correspondence must relate specifically to IP policy issues or ARIN business. Postings not directly related to these topics are prohibited.
- Independent issues not affecting the larger IP community are not appropriate unless ARIN-specific, nor are comments of a personal nature.
- Use or distribution of others' comments for any purpose other than to discuss relevant issues pertaining to IP policies is not permissible.
- Any unprofessional or confrontational comments showing a lack of respect, such as using foul or abusive language or attacking someone's character, will not be tolerated.
- Overuse of the privilege, flooding of email messages, forwarding of bulk email, or any other form of spamming is strictly prohibited.
- Marketing of products or advertising of any kind, whether for business or employment purposes, is not allowed.
- The promotion of political views is not appropriate.
- Attempts to obtain email addresses for any purpose other than for which the list was designed is prohibited.
Violators of any of the above guidelines will be contacted and asked to adhere to the policy. If a user persists in violating the policy, the individual will be taken off the list. Thank you for your participation and cooperation.