These pages and the links below are presented in the format of ARIN policy that was effective through October 14, 2004. This method of formatting was superseded by the format in the Number Resource Policy Manual (NRPM), which was published on October 15, 2004.
ARIN's mailing lists are made available to gain input from the IP community and to facilitate discussions regarding IP address policy issues. Any discussions posted to these lists must relate to the issues and policies generally considered to be current and relevant, affecting a broad scope of users and networks.
The following guidelines have been established to allow for effective exchange of information in a responsible way by interested parties. These guidelines must be strictly adhered to in order to keep the mailing lists an effective open forum.
- All correspondence must relate specifically to IP policy issues. Postings not directly related to IP addressing policies are prohibited.
- Independent issues not affecting the larger IP community are not appropriate, nor are comments of a personal nature.
- Use or distribution of others' comments for any purpose other than to discuss relevant issues pertaining to IP policies is not permissible.
- Any unprofessional or confrontational comments showing a lack of respect, such as using foul or abusive language or attacking someone's character, will not be tolerated.
- Overuse of the privilege, flooding of e-mail messages, forwarding of bulk e-mail, or any other form of spamming is strictly prohibited.
- Marketing of products or advertising of any kind, whether for business or employment purposes, is not allowed.
- The promotion of political views is not appropriate.
- Attempts to obtain e-mail addresses for any purpose other than for which the list was designed is prohibited.
Violators of any of the above guidelines will be contacted and asked to adhere to the policy. If a user persists in violating the policy, the individual will be taken off the list. Thank you for your participation and cooperation.