Posted: Tuesday, 12 November 2019
The 2019 ARIN Elections concluded at 6 PM ET on Friday, 8 November, and ARIN wishes to congratulate those elected by the ARIN community to serve on the ARIN Board of Trustees, ARIN Advisory Council (AC), and the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC).
Catherine Middleton has been elected, and incumbent Bill Sandiford has been re-elected to the ARIN Board of Trustees. Each will serve a three-year term commencing 1 January 2020. The ARIN Board of Trustees acknowledges and thanks Bram Abramson, incumbent Patrick Gilmore, and Jacob Glick for participating in this year’s elections and looks forward to their ongoing participation in the ARIN community.
On behalf of the ARIN Board of Trustees, I would like to recognize and thank outgoing Board member Patrick Gilmore for his service. Patrick has served the ARIN Membership and community the past three years, and we thank him for his time and service. I also would like to acknowledge and thank Regenie Fräser for her service during her one-year appointment to the ARIN Board of Trustees that concludes at the end of this year.
Incumbents Owen DeLong, Alyssa Moore, Tina Morris, Joe Provo, and Alison Wood have all been re-elected to serve three-year terms on the AC beginning 1 January 2020. The ARIN Board of Trustees acknowledges and thanks Jeffrey Anderson, Anita Nikolich, Steven Wallace, and Matthew Wilder for their participation in this year’s elections. The Board looks forward to these individuals continued involvement in the ARIN community, including ARIN’s Policy Development Process (PDP).
Martin Hannigan has been elected to a seat on the NRO Number Council from the ARIN region. His three-year term will begin 1 January 2020. The Board of Trustees wishes to thank Aaron Hughes and Dave Täht for their participation as candidates in this year’s election and looks forward to their continued participation in the ARIN community.
On behalf of the ARIN Board of Trustees, I would also like to acknowledge and give our tremendous thanks to outgoing NRO Number Council member Jason Schiller for his steadfast dedication and countless hours of service over the years not only to the ARIN community, but the Internet community as a whole.
Paul Andersen, P. Eng
Chair, ARIN Board of Trustees
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws and ARIN Election Processes:
- Call for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) nominations went out to ARIN Members via the email@example.com mailing list and ARIN’s website.
- ARIN nominations for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and the NRO Number Council closed at a specified date and time as publicly announced and included the opportunity for the receipt of nominations by petition.
- ARIN’s President and CEO notified the Membership of the initial and final slate of candidates for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and NRO Number Council. This included emailing an initial and final slate of candidates to eligible General Members in Good Standing Voting Contacts.
- Candidate biographies were posted to the ARIN website and all eligible General Members in Good Standing Voting Contacts’ were sent an email with a link to the 2019 Voter Guide that contained the candidate biographies.
- Each candidate was provided an opportunity to address the ARIN Membership at the ARIN 44 Public Policy and Members Meeting in Austin, Texas on 31 October 2019.
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws:
- ARIN President and CEO, John Curran, certified a list of eligible voters and ARIN Board of Trustees Chair, Paul Andersen, confirmed the President’s review.
- Online voting for General Members in Good Standing began 31 October 2019 at 4:00 PM ET.
- Voting closed nine days later on 8 November 2019 at 6:00 PM ET.
- All online votes were confirmed.
- Quorum was achieved as ballots were cast by over 5% of the total eligible voters.
- The adherence to the approved voting procedure and the vote tally were confirmed by ARIN President and CEO, John Curran, ARIN Board of Trustees Chair, Paul Andersen, and ARIN General Counsel, Stephen Ryan.
- The results are provided below. The election process and results have been verified according to the requirements of the ARIN Bylaws.
Number of Voters: 545 (on behalf of 701 ARIN Member organizations)
Percentage Voted: 11.4% of total voters (13.6% of total organizations)
Number of Voters: 535 (on behalf of 685 ARIN Member organizations)
Percentage Voted: 11.2% of total voters (13.3% of total organizations)
Total Number of Voters Equals: 582; 521 voters on behalf of 663 ARIN Member organizations, plus 61 NANOG 77 and/or ARIN 44 Meeting attendees.
Percentage Voted: 10.2%
2019 Voter Statistics
- 6,179 ARIN Members as of 16 September 2019
- 5,160 ARIN eligible Voting Organizations* as of 20 August 2018
- ARIN Board of Trustees election: 545 voters on behalf of 701 unique ARIN Member organizations cast a ballot in the ARIN Board of Trustees election
- ARIN Advisory Council election: 535 voters on behalf of 685 unique ARIN Member organizations cast a ballot in the ARIN Advisory Council election
- NRO NC election: 61 NANOG and ARIN meeting attendees plus 521 voters on behalf of 663 unique ARIN Member organizations cast a ballot in the NRO NC election.
* ARIN Member in Good Standing with a properly registered Voting Contact linked to an ARIN Online account as of 16 September 2019.