Posted: Monday, 15 October 2018
The results for the 2018 ARIN Elections are in. ARIN wishes to congratulate those elected to serve on the ARIN Board of Trustees, ARIN Advisory Council (AC), and the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC).
Paul Andersen has been re-elected and Peter Harrison has been elected to the ARIN Board of Trustees. Each will serve a three-year term commencing 1 January 2019. The ARIN Board of Trustees acknowledges and thanks Cathy Chen-Rennie and Anna Valsami for their participation in this year's elections and looks forward to their ongoing involvement in the ARIN community.
Amy Potter, Kerrie Richards, Robert Seastrom, and Alicia Trotman have been re-elected and Kathleen Hunter has been elected to serve three-year terms on the AC beginning 1 January 2019. The ARIN Board of Trustees acknowledges and thanks Brad Gorman for his participation in this year's elections and also looks forward to his continued involvement in the ARIN community, including ARIN's Policy Development Process (PDP).
Louie Lee has been re-elected to a seat on the NRO NC from the ARIN region. His new three-year term will begin 1 January 2019. The ARIN Board of Trustees wishes to thank Michael Arbrouet for his participation as a candidate in this year's election and looks forward to his continued participation in the ARIN community.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws:
- Call for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) went out to ARIN Members via the email@example.com mailing list and ARIN's website.
- ARIN nominations for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and the NRO NC closed at a specified date and time as publicly announced and included the opportunity for the receipt of nominations by petition.
- ARIN's President and CEO notified the Membership of the initial and final slate of candidates for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and NRO NC. This includes emailing an initial and final slate of candidates to eligible General Members in Good Standing Voting Contacts.
- Candidate biographies were posted to the ARIN website and all eligible General Members in Good Standing Voting Contacts' were sent an email with a link to the 2018 Voter Guide that contained the candidate biographies, including mailing a hard copy of this year's guide.
- Each candidate was provided an opportunity to address the ARIN Membership at the ARIN 42 Public Policy and Members Meeting in Vancouver, British Columbia on 4 October 2018.
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws:
- ARIN President and CEO, John Curran, certified a list of eligible voters and ARIN Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Bill Sandiford, confirmed the President's review.
- Online voting for General Members in Good Standing began 4 October 2018 at 6:00 PM EDT.
- Voting closed nine days later on 12 October 2018 at 6:00 PM EDT.
- All online votes were confirmed.
- Quorum was achieved as ballots were cast over 5% of the total eligible voters.
- The adherence to the approved voting procedure and the vote tally were confirmed by ARIN President and CEO, John Curran, ARIN Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Bill Sandiford, and ARIN General Counsel, Stephen Ryan.
- The results are provided below. The election process and results have been verified according to the requirements of the ARIN Bylaws.
|Board of Trustees Candidates||Total Count||Percentage||Elected|
|Number of voters: 504 (on behalf of 660 organizations)
Percentage voted: 11.6% of total voters (14% of total organizations)
|Advisory Council Candidates||Total Count||Percentage||Elected|
|Number of voters: 477 (on behalf of 632 organizations)
Percentage voted: 10.9% of total voters (13.4% of total organizations)
|NRO Number Council Candidates||Total Count||Percentage||Elected|
|Total number of voters equals 543; 473 voters on behalf of 624 ARIN Member organizations,
plus 70 NANOG 74 and/or ARIN 42 Meeting attendees.
Percentage voted: 10.4%
2018 Voter Statistics
- 5,841 ARIN Members as of 20 August 2018
- 4,730 ARIN eligible Voting Organizations* as of 20 August 2018
- ARIN Board of Trustees election: 504 voters on behalf of 660 unique member organizations cast a ballot in the ARIN Board of Trustees election
- ARIN Advisory Council election: 477 voters on behalf of 632 unique member organizations cast a ballot in the ARIN Advisory Council election
- NRO NC election: 70 NANOG and ARIN meeting attendees plus 473 voters on behalf of 624 unique member organizations cast a ballot in the NRO NC election.
* ARIN Member in Good Standing with a properly registered Voting Contact linked to an ARIN Online account as of 20 August 2018.