Posted: Thursday, 21 September 2017
The ARIN 2017 Final Slate of Candidates has been amended to reflect that Rodney Taylor has withdrawn as a candidate from the election for the Board of Trustees.
The 2017 ARIN Elections will be held online beginning at 6:00 PM EDT on Thursday, 5 October through 6:00 PM EDT on Friday, 13 October for two seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five seats on the Advisory Council (AC) with terms beginning 1 January 2018.
ARIN Trustee Bill Woodcock and AC members Andrew Dul, David Farmer, Leif Sawyer, Chris Tacit, and Chris Woodfield will conclude their current terms on 31 December 2017. Timothy Denton tendered his resignation and concluded his term in August 2017. The ARIN Board of Trustees' current appointment, Merike Kaeo, will conclude her term on 31 December 2017.
The final 2017 candidate slate includes:
ARIN Advisory Council
- Andrew Dul, CrowdStrike
- Paul Emmons, Ninja-IX Corporation
- David Farmer, University of Minnesota
- Joseph Karam, Princeton University
- Elford Parsons, The Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (British Virgin Islands)
- Kerrie-Ann Richards, VFJ Coding Ltd
- Leif Sawyer, General Communication, Inc.
- Chris Tacit, Tacit Law
- Alicia Trotman, Government of Barbados, Telecommunications Unit
- Chris Woodfield, Salesforce.com, Inc.
ARIN Board of Trustees
- Dan Alexander, Comcast Cable LLC
- Nancy Carter, CANARIE Inc.
- Leslie Daigle, Thinking Cat Enterprises
- Stephen Lee, ArkiTechs Inc.
In preparation for voting, you are encouraged to familiarize yourself with each candidate by taking the time to read candidate biographies, responses to candidate questions, and Statements of Support by visiting:
On 5 October during ARIN 40 in San Jose, California, candidates will have the opportunity to address the membership. Candidate speeches will be posted online on 6 October.
To view the election system instructions, please visit:
If you have questions regarding the ARIN Elections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a final reminder, Voting Contacts' participation in the online election process is a key responsibility that only takes a few minutes of your time. Plan now to cast your organization's ballot online 5 - 13 October. Casting your organization's vote has the power to shape the future of ARIN, our community, and the Internet. Thank you for voting!
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)