New Features Added to ARIN Online
Posted: Saturday, 28 January 2017
ARIN is pleased to present the latest version of ARIN Online, including many improvements, new features, and enhancements. Full release notes are included below this message.
All ARIN systems have been restored and are now operating normally. We thank you for your patience. Please send any questions, comments, or issues to email@example.com.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Changes have been made to the way that Voting Contacts are managed in ARIN Online.
- They are no longer recorded as Points of Contact in the ARIN database.
- Voting privileges for an organization are now directly associated with an ARIN Online user account.
- The Admin POC or Tech POC for an organization has the ability to appoint an existing ARIN Online user as the Voting Contact or modify a Voting Contact.
- The View & Manage Network, Modify Network, Point of Contact Records, Organization Identifiers, and Organization Record pages have been redesigned with new sections, buttons, and navigation items. Updates include the following changes:
- Voting Contact information, if it exists for an organization, is now displayed in its own section on the Organization Record page and can be viewed by Admin POCs, Tech POCs, and Voting Contacts.
- The possible actions that can be taken for an Org (such as modify an Org, request resources, and manage Voting Contacts) are now accessed in the Org Info section under the Actions button on the Organization Record page.
- The Point of Contact Records page includes summary information for each POC and provides an easy way to unlink ARIN Online users from a POC record.
- The processes for creating a new POC record and linking a POC record to an ARIN Online user account have been simplified and streamlined. (ARIN Suggestion 2016.02)
- POCs that receive emails requesting validation can now verify their information without clicking a link by replying to the email (adding “CORRECT” in the subject line and leaving the original email in the reply).