Posted: Monday, 31 October 2016
The results for the 2016 ARIN Elections are in. ARIN wishes to congratulate those elected to serve on the ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council (AC), and the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC).
Bill Sandiford has been re-elected and Patrick Gilmore has been elected to the ARIN Board of Trustees. Each will serve a three-year term commencing 1 January 2017. The ARIN Board of Trustees acknowledges and thanks Merike Kaeo and Charlie Liu for their participation in this year's elections and looks forward to their ongoing involvement in the ARIN community.
Owen DeLong and Tina Morris have been re-elected and Alyssa Moore, Joe Provo, and Alison Wood have been elected to serve three-year terms on the AC beginning 1 January 2017. Chris Woodfield has been elected to serve a one-year term on the ARIN Advisory Council beginning 1 January 2017 to carry out Kevin Blumberg's original three-year term that concludes on 31 December 2017. The ARIN Board of Trustees acknowledges and thanks Allen Shen, Isaac Levy, Gary Giesen, Scott Leibrand, and Rob McCann for their participation on this year's elections and also looks forward to their continued involvement in the ARIN community, including the development of public policy.
Jason Schiller has been re-elected to a seat on the NRO NC from the ARIN region. His new three-year term will begin 1 January 2017. The Board of Trustees wishes to thank Robert Kenny for his participation as a candidate in this year's election and looks forward to his continued participation in the ARIN community.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws:
- Call for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) went out to ARIN Members via the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list and ARIN's website.
- ARIN nominations for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and the NRO NC closed at a specified date and time.
- All eligible nominations for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and NRO NC were put forth to ARIN's general membership. This includes emailing an initial and final slate of candidates to eligible General Members in Good Standing Voting Contacts.
- Candidate biographies were posted to the ARIN website and all eligible General Members in Good Standing Voting Contacts' were sent an email with the 2016 Voter Guide that contained the candidate biographies attached, including mailing a hard copy of this year's guide.
- Each candidate was provided an opportunity to address the ARIN Membership at the ARIN 38 Public Policy and Members Meeting in Dallas, Texas on 20 October 2016.
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws:
- Online voting for General Members in Good Standing began 20 October 2016 at 3:00 PM EDT.
- Voting closed nine days later on 28 October 2016 at 3:00 PM EDT.
- All online votes were required to be confirmed.
- Quorum was achieved as ballots were cast over 5% of the total eligible voters.
- The votes were tallied by ARIN President and CEO John Curran, ARIN Board of Trustees Vint Cerf, and ARIN Counsel Stephen Ryan.
- The results are provided below. The election process and results have been verified according to the requirements of the ARIN Bylaws.
|Board of Trustees Candidates||Total Count||Percentage||Elected|
|Number of voters: 583 (728 weighted)
Percentage voted: 15.93% (18.22% of total weight)
|Advisory Council Candidates||Total Count||Percentage||Elected|
|10||Gary T. Giesen||228||31.62%|
|Number of voters: 576 (721 weighted)
Percentage voted: 15.74% (18.04% of total weight)
|NRO NC Candidates||Total Count||Percentage||Elected|
|2||Robert J. Kenny||191||24.27%|
|Total number of voters equals 787; 719 ARIN member organizations, plus 68 NANOG and ARIN meeting attendees.
Percentage voted: 15.82%
2016 Voter Statistics
- 5,377 ARIN Members as of 6 September 2016
- 3,975 eligible voters* as of 6 September 2016
- ARIN Board of Trustees election: 583 voters on behalf of 728 unique member organizations cast a ballot in the ARIN Board of Trustees election
- ARIN Advisory Council election: 576 voters on behalf of 721 unique member organizations cast a ballot in the ARIN Advisory Council election
- NRO NC election: 68 NANOG and ARIN meeting attendees plus 574 voters on behalf of 719 unique member organizations cast a ballot in the NRO NC election.
* ARIN Member in Good Standing with a properly registered Voting Contact Point of Contact (POC) linked to an ARIN Online account as of 6 September 2016.