Posted: Tuesday, 04 October 2016
We hope that by now you’ve heard about the upcoming ARIN 38 Public Policy and Members Meeting, which will be held 20-21 October in Dallas, Texas. More importantly though, we hope that you are planning to take part in this important policy discussion forum! Knowing that these policies have the potential to directly affect your business, can you think of a better reason to tune in and share your thoughts? We can’t either.
The policy discussions at ARIN 38 will include:
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-2: Modify 8.4 (Inter-RIR Transfers to Specified Recipients)
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-7: Simplified requirements for demonstrated need for IPv4 transfers
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-1: Reserved Pool Transfer Policy
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-2: Change timeframes for IPv4 requests to 24 months
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-4: Transfers for new entrants
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-5: Post-IPv4-Free-Pool-Depletion Transfer Policy
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-6: Eliminate HD-Ratio from NRPM
- Draft Policy ARIN-2016-3: Alternative simplified criteria for justifying small IPv4 transfers
All draft policy text is available at:
We hope to see you there, but if you are unable to make it in person, participating online can be equally rewarding. As a registered remote participant, you'll be able to access the live transcript and webcast on the ARIN website throughout the meeting, submit questions and comments alongside in-person attendees, and raise your virtual hand during straw polls.
In order to take full advantage of remote participation you will need a Jabber client, and we'll need your Jabber Identifier (JID) when you register. For more details, visit:
Note that all remote participants are subject to the Remote Participation Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) found at:
Whether you attend in person or remotely, we look forward to your participation. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)