Posted: Monday, 07 December 2015
Note: This message is sent on behalf of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC)
This is a last reminder of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) call for nominations for Seat Number 10 on the ICANN Board.
Nominations period will close at 23:59 UTC on 13 December 2015.
The ASO AC election procedures are found in Section 7 of the ASO Operating Procedures and are available on the ASO website at:
Article VI of the ICANN Bylaws states that: "At any given time, no two Directors selected by a Supporting Organization shall be citizens from the same country or of countries located in the same Geographic Region." The ASO AC selection for Seat 9 of the ICANN Board of Directors resides in the ARIN region, so nominees for Seat 10 cannot reside in the ARIN region.
Submit nominations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- Full name of the person being nominated
- Contact email address for the person being nominated
- Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
- Full name of the person making the nomination
- Contact email address for the person making the nomination
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
All candidates must sign a Letter of Certification declaring that they are of good character. The selected candidate will undergo an independent due diligence review by an ICANN contractor, and announcement of the candidate will follow once this review has been successfully completed.
The time frame for the selection process is as follows:
- Nomination Phase 30 September 2015 to 13 December 2015
- Comment Phase 14 December 2015 to 13 March 2016
- Interview Phase 13 January 2016 to 13 March 2016
- Selection Process 14 March 2016 to 4 April 2016
- Due Diligence Review 5 April 2016 to 20 May 2016
- Announcement around 21 May 2016
All phases will conclude at 23:59 UTC on the date specified.
For further information and ongoing notices about the selection process, please visit: