Posted: Wednesday, 07 October 2015
ARIN is pleased to announce the release of the new combined Registration Services Agreement ("RSA Version 12.0 / LRSA version 4.0"). This agreement is the successor to existing RSA and LRSA agreements. On 1 September 2015, ARIN concluded its consultation with the community with regards to this combined agreement. The revisions found in this new agreement were based on the feedback received from the community over the past few years.
RSA Version 12.0 / LRSA Version 4.0 is an update to the previous RSA Version 11.0 and LRSA Version 3.0, which were already quite similar in terms. This single agreement will be used moving forward effective 7 October 2015 and includes notable and substantive revisions including but not limited to:
- The agreement terms are only applicable to "Included Number Resources" (i.e. the Internet number resources pursuant to the agreement, not any other number resources that parties may hold under an existing LRSA or under no agreement)
- Similarly clarifying that "Included Number Resources" are not property is only applicable to the "Included Number Resources" in the agreement
- Provides uniform service terms and conditions (other than fees) for all customers receiving services from ARIN
- Defines ARIN's services that are covered by the agreement, including resource certification
- Provides a more balanced agreement with more limited rights to ARIN and more equivalent rights to holders
- Clarifying the notification provisions to protect both parties
- ARIN's Fee Schedule will not be applied retroactivity, and
- Clarifying renewals to meet the needs of governmental entities.
Existing holders of Internet number resources have the opportunity to upgrade to this new version of the registration services agreement. They can retain their current Registration Services Agreement if they choose.
To view RSA Version 12.0 / LRSA Version 4.0 please visit:
Note that the final RSA Version 12.0 / LRSA Version 4.0 incorporates changes and clarifications as a result of the community consultation on the earlier draft that closed on 1 September 2015. Differences between that earlier draft and the final RSA Version 12.0 / LRSA Version 4.0 are highlighted in a redlined document:
Anyone needing further information about the RSA Version 12.0 / LRSA Version 4.0 can call the Financial Services Help Desk at +1-703-227-9886 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in this announcement alters or otherwise modifies any terms of RSAs previously signed.
President & CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers, Ltd. (ARIN)