Posted: Tuesday, 15 September 2015
We hope you have heard about the upcoming ARIN 36 Public Policy and Member Meeting, to be held 8 - 9 October in Montreal and that you are planning to take part in this important policy discussion forum. Knowing that these policies have a direct impact on your business, can you think of a better reason to tune in and share your thoughts? We can't either.
The Advisory Council may move additional proposals to the meeting agenda, but as of now, the policy discussions at ARIN 36 will include:
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-1: Modification to Criteria for IPv6 Initial End-User Assignments Recommended
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-2: Modify 8.4 (Inter-RIR Transfers to Specified Recipients)
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-3: Remove 30-day utilization requirement in end-user IPv4 policy
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-4: Modify 8.2 section to better reflect how ARIN handles reorganizations
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-5: Out of region use
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-6: Transfers and Multi-national Networks
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-7: Simplified requirements for demonstrated need for IPv4 transfers
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-8: Reassignment records for IPv4 End-Users
All draft policy text is available at:
We hope to see you there, but if you are unable to make it in person, participating online can be equally rewarding. As a registered remote participant, you'll be able to access the live transcript and webcast on the ARIN website throughout the meeting, submit questions and comments alongside in-person attendees, and raise your virtual hand during straw polls.
In order to take full advantage of remote participation you will need a Jabber client, and we'll need your Jabber Identifier (JID) when you register. For details, visit:
ARIN 36 Remote Participation: https://www.arin.net/ARIN36_remote
Note that all remote participants are subject to the Remote Participation Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) found at:
Whether you attend in person or remotely, we look forward to your participation. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)