Posted: Wednesday, 29 July 2015
ARIN is seeking community input on a new version of the Registration Services Agreement that combines the existing Registration Services Agreement (RSA) and Legacy Registration Services Agreement (LRSA) into a single agreement ("RSA Version 12.0/LRSA Version 4.0").
Following community consultation and finalization, ARIN will provide services to new parties per this latest version of the Registration Services Agreement. Existing holders of Internet number resources will have the opportunity to upgrade to this new version of the registration services agreement or remain with their current registration services agreement.
There are notable and substantive changes with this new version incorporating input received from the community on the registration services agreements.
These changes include:
- Clarifying that the agreement is only applicable to "Included Number Resources" (i.e. the Internet number resources pursuant to the agreement, not any other number resources that parties may hold under other agreements or no agreement)
- Similarly clarifying that the provision wherein a Customer is agreeing that "Included Number Resources" are not property is only applicable to "Included Number Resources" in the agreement and remains silent with regard to any other number resources held by the party
- Providing uniform service terms and conditions (other than fees) for all customers receiving services from ARIN
- Elaborating on the definition of ARIN's services that are covered by the agreement, including resource certification
- Providing a more balanced agreement with respect to term language previously seen as favorable to ARIN
The new RSA Version 12.0/LRSA Version 4.0 is available at:
We strongly encourage you to review the current RSA and LRSA against the proposed version of this new agreement and to submit your constructive comments to email@example.com.
If you are not currently subscribed to the arin-consult mailing list, you can subscribe at:
Discussion on firstname.lastname@example.org will close on 30 August 2015. ARIN seeks clear direction through community input, so your feedback is important. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)