Posted: Monday, 20 July 2015
You are invited to nominate candidates from the ARIN region to fill one seat on the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) that will become vacant when Louie Lee's term expires on 31 December 2015. Candidates must be willing to serve a three-year term beginning 1 January 2016. Incumbents may be nominated for consecutive terms.
The ARIN Board of Trustees will also appoint an NRO NC representative from the slate of candidates to complete the two years remaining in the term previously held by Ron da Silva.
Information about the NRO NC, also known as the Address Supporting Organization Address Council, and who else is currently serving can be found here:
Nomination details are included below.
Now is also a good time for member organizations to check to make certain that they have a Voting Contact eligible to vote in the upcoming election before the voter eligibility deadline of 24 August. Direct any questions to email@example.com.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Any individual, regardless of ARIN membership status, may self-nominate or nominate one or more candidates for any open NRO Number Council position. You can read instructions on how to make nominations here.
- Any individual residing within the ARIN region may be nominated, with the exception of Regional Internet Registry staff members. View the countries in the ARIN service region here.
- All nominees must confirm that they qualify to serve and do not violate the Nomination and Appointment Conflict of Interest List.
- Nominations must be received by 5:00 PM ET on Monday, 17 August 2015.
- Each nominee must submit the nominee questionnaire by 5:00 PM ET on Thursday, 20 August 2015. The questionnaires are available for review here.
- ARIN will contact all nominees via email and/or telephone to verify that they are willing and able to fulfill a three-year term. If ARIN cannot reach the nominee, the nomination will be rejected.
- You may view the Requirements and Responsibilities of NRO NC Members here. Responsibilities of NRO NC representatives are further outlined in the ASO Memorandum of Understanding here.
- Further information on the NRO NC is available here on the ASO website.