Posted: Monday, 20 July 2015
General Members in Good Standing are invited to nominate candidates for two seats on the Board of Trustees and five seats on the Advisory Council for the ARIN Elections that will open on 8 October 2015.
Nomination details are included below. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Board members Paul Andersen and Aaron Hughes will conclude their current three-year terms on 31 December 2015.
Advisory Council representatives Dan Alexander, David Huberman, Heather Schiller, Robert Seastrom, and John Springer will conclude their current terms on 31 December 2015.
New Board and Advisory Council terms begin 1 January 2016. ARIN Board and Advisory Council incumbents may be re-elected for consecutive terms.
The Board of Trustees and Advisory Council elections have a Nomination Committee (NomCom) that is responsible for identifying, recruiting, and certifying a properly selected slate of candidates to be placed in nomination before the membership for election. This year's NomCom members are Board of Trustee members Timothy Denton (NomCom Chair) and Bill Woodcock and general member volunteers Bram Abramson, Kevin Blumberg, Martin Hannigan, Steve Middleton, and Tina Morris.
Now is also a good time for member organizations to check to make certain that they have a Voting Contact eligible to vote in the upcoming election before the voter eligibility deadline of 24 August. Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- You must be a Trustee or an ARIN General Member in Good Standing to make nominations. Nominees do not need to be ARIN members. Self-nominations from General Members in Good Standing are permitted. For nomination instructions, click here.
- All nominees must confirm that they qualify to serve and do not violate the Nomination and Appointment Conflict of Interest List.
- Nominations must be received by 5:00 PM ET on Monday, 17 August 2015. In accordance with ARIN's Bylaws, each Trustee or General Member in Good Standing may make up to three nominations for each open seat.
- Each nominee must submit the nominee questionnaire by 5:00 PM ET on Thursday, 20 August. The 2015 questionnaires are available for review here.
- ARIN will contact all nominees via email and/or telephone to verify that they are willing and able to fulfill a three-year term. If ARIN cannot reach the nominee, the nomination will be rejected.
- Read the Requirements and Responsibilities of Board and Advisory Council members.