Posted: Tuesday, 25 March 2014
You can subscribe to this mailing list at:
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- More robust, clear and detailed identification of permissible and prohibited uses of the ARIN Whois service;
- Mutual warranties regarding a User's and ARIN's authority to enter into the TOU;
- Clear reference to ARIN's Privacy Statement and conditions of information collected;
- Limitations of liability and disclaimers of warranties to clarify ARIN's liability in providing the Whois service;
- Defined dispute resolution process in the event a User claims there has been a breach of the TOU; and
- Various administrative terms to more clearly identify and define the contractual relationship between ARIN and a User of the Whois service.
ARIN has constructed this new TOU to improve the documentation of the relationship between Users of Whois and ARIN as the conditions under which ARIN provides its core service to the community. This was also done to aid members of the community who use Whois in having a clear understanding as to their rights and obligations with regard to Whois, as well as clarifying ARIN's rights and obligations.