Posted: Thursday, 27 February 2014
Following community consultation and finalization, entities requesting Internet number resource WHOIS information from ARIN will be doing so as governed by this new TOU. There are notable and substantive changes with this new version, and ARIN invites the community to review this new version of the TOU that is available at the following URL: https://www.arin.net/whois_tou_proposed.html
The community's constructive thoughts on this new TOU are welcome during this 30-day review period.
Please provide comments to email@example.com. You can subscribe to this mailing list at:
Discussion on firstname.lastname@example.org will close on 28 March 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
- More robust, clear and detailed identification of permissible and prohibited uses of the ARIN WHOIS service;
- Mutual warranties regarding a User's and ARIN's authority to enter into the TOU;
- Clear reference to ARIN's Privacy Statement and conditions of information collected;
- Limitations of liability and disclaimers of warranties to clarify ARIN's liability in providing the Whois service;
- Defined dispute resolution process in the event a User claims there has been a breach of the TOU; and
- Various administrative terms to more clearly identify and define the contractual relationship between ARIN and a User of the Whois service.
ARIN has constructed this new TOU to improve the documentation of the relationship between Users of Whois and ARIN as the conditions under which ARIN provides its core service to the community. This was also done to aid members of the community who use Whois in having a clear understanding as to their rights and obligations with regard to Whois, as well as clarifying ARIN's rights and obligations.
Thank you in advance for your comments.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)