Posted: Wednesday, 23 October 2013
ARIN 2013 election results are in. Congratulations to those elected to serve on the ARIN Board of Trustees, Advisory Council, and NRO Number Council. Bill Sandiford has been elected and Vint Cerf has been re-elected to the ARIN Board of Trustees. Each will serve a three-year term commencing 1 January 2014.
The Board thanks David Huberman and Bernadette Lewis for their participation as candidates in the election and encourages their continued participation in the ARIN community.
Tina Morris has been elected and Cathy Aronson, Owen DeLong, Scott Leibrand, and Milton Mueller have been re-elected to the ARIN Advisory Council. Each will serve three-year terms beginning 1 January 2014.
The ARIN Board of Trustees wishes to thank Andrew Dul and Jesse Geddis for their participation as candidates in the election and looks forward to their continued involvement in ARIN's activities.
Jason Schiller has been re-elected to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) from the ARIN region. He will begin serving another three-year term on 1 January 2014.
The ARIN Board of Trustees wishes to thank Devon Gayle for his participation as a candidate in the NRO NC election and looks forward to his continued involvement in ARIN regional activities.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws:
- Call for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council nominations went out to ARIN members via the email@example.com mailing list and ARIN's website.
- Nominations closed at the specified date and time.
- All eligible nominations for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council were put forth to the general membership.
- Candidate biographies were posted to the ARIN website and eligible voters were sent email of both the initial and final slate of candidates.
- Each candidate was given an opportunity to address the ARIN membership at the ARIN 32 Public Policy and Members Meeting in Phoenix, Arizona on 10 October 2013.
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws:
- Online voting for General Members in good standing began 10 October 2013, at 5:00 PM EDT.
- Voting closed ten days later on 20 October, at 5:00 PM EDT.
- All online votes were required to be confirmed.
- The votes were tallied by ARIN President John Curran, ARIN Board Member Aaron Hughes, and ARIN Counsel Stephen Ryan.
- The results are provided below. The election process and results have been verified according to the requirements in the ARIN Bylaws.
|Board of Trustees Candidates||Total Count||Elected|
|Dr. Vinton (Vint) Cerf||401||Elected|
|Total Ballots Cast||612|
|Percentage of eligible voters who cast ballots: 15.81%
Number of blank ballots: 2
|Advisory Council Candidates||Total Count||Elected|
|Total Ballots Cast||592|
|Percentage of eligible voters who cast ballots: 15.29%
Number of blank ballots: 3
|NRO NC Candidates||Total Count||Elected|
|Total Ballots Cast||653|
|DMR voters: 598; NANOG / ARIN Meeting attendee voters: 55 out of 616
Percentage of eligible voters who cast ballots: 10.34%
Number of blank ballots: 12
2013 Voter Statistics
- 4,506 ARIN members as of 12 August 2013
- 3,871 eligible voters* as of 12 August 2013
- 614 unique member organizations cast a ballot in either the Board of Trustees, Advisory Council, or NRO NC elections.
- 612 unique member organizations cast a ballot in the Board of Trustees election.
- 592 unique member organizations cast a ballot in the Advisory Council election.
- 598 unique member organizations cast a ballot in the NRO NC election.
- 55 Meeting Attendees cast a ballot in the NRO NC election.
* ARIN members in good standing with properly registered Designated Member Representatives on record 12 August 2013