Posted: Tuesday, 05 June 2012
On Tuesday, 29 May, ARIN opened a consultation with the community regarding a revised Policy Development Process (PDP) for Internet number resource policy development in the ARIN region.
Significant changes in this revision of the PDP include:
- Improved PDP process scope definition
- Clarified principles for good number resource policy (fairness, technical soundness, community support, etc.)
- Clarified Board criteria for developed policy ratification
- New initial policy proposal review by the ARIN Advisory Council (AC)
- Smoother transition from policy proposal to draft policies upon successful initial review
- Added requirement for the AC to provide a full explanation of any policy action taken
- One petition per policy action; if successful, petitioners mutually select the presenter of the draft policy at Public Policy Meetings
The above changes will have a significant impact on how community members participate in the PDP, and how policy proposals are seen through to fruition. We urge all community members to view the text of the revised Policy Development Process at:
Please provide comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can subscribe to this mailing list at:
Discussion will close on 28 June.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)