Posted: Fri, 30 September 2011
Elections for two (2) seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five (5) seats on the ARIN Advisory Council will be held online 12-22 October.
The final slate of candidates is:
Board of Trustees
- Rudolph Daniel, Independent Consultant Technologist
- Timothy Denton, CRTC
- Aaron Hughes, 6connect
- Jack Waters, Level 3 Communications
- Bill Woodcock, Packet Clearing House
- Dan Alexander, Comcast
- Kevin Blumberg, The Wire Inc.
- Randy Carpenter, First Network Group, Inc.
- Marc Crandall, Google
- Bill Darte, Washington University
- Kate do Forno, Teksavvy Solutions Inc.
- Robert Duncan, Merit Network
- David Farmer, University of Minnesota
- Joel Large, GLW Broadband
- John Sweeting, Time Warner Cable
- Randy Whitney, Verizon Business
Candidate questionnaire responses and statements of support and a form to voice support can be found at ARIN Election Headquarters: https://www.arin.net/app/election/
Many of the candidates will address the membership on 12 October at ARIN's Public Policy and Members Meeting in Philadelphia. You can watch remotely (https://www.arin.net/ARIN-XXVIII/remote.html) or look for the webcast archive at Election Headquarters by 14 October.
Designated member representatives (DMRs) from ARIN's General Members in good standing (https://www.arin.net/about_us/membership/member.html) as of 1 January 2011 will be asked to vote for two (2) candidates in the Board election and five (5) candidates in the Advisory Council election. ARIN requires that a name and personalized email address be on record for the DMR; role accounts are not acceptable. Voter eligibility must be established at least 14 calendar days prior to the fourth quarter ARIN Members Meeting. Member organizations that were not in good standing or did not have a valid DMR on file as of 27 September 2011 will not be eligible to vote.
Congratulations and good luck to all of the candidates. ARIN appreciates your willingness to take an active role in guiding the organization.
John Curran President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)