Posted: Tue, 15 February 2011
ARIN is looking for a few individuals to participate in beta testing of its upcoming RESTful Provisioning system. The environment will be available to a limited number of volunteers who meet the following criteria:
- Individual must have an ARIN Online account established before 14 February, 2011 so that appropriate API Key linking can be established within the beta test environment.
- The individual’s ARIN Online account must be linked to one or more POCs authoritative to make requests on behalf of an Org or Resource.
- Individual must attest that they have or will soon have working code using ARIN’s RESTful API.
If you are interested in participating, please send an email to email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- ARIN Online Username
- Email Address
- IP Address(es) you will use when testing – please send IPv4 and/or IPv6 addresses or CIDR range.
- Brief attestation that you have developed code or will soon develop code using ARIN’s Restful API.
Beta testing is limited to RESTful calls and the ARIN Online web interface. It is available over both IPv4 and IPv6. Email-based templates and interactions with the beta test system will not be enabled.
Once we have vetted your request, we will send additional instructions for using the Beta environment.
Updated documentation on ARIN’s RESTful methods and payloads can be found at: https://www.arin.net/resources/restful-interfaces.html
Note that this is an ongoing project and ARIN’s schemas and API will change before the production code is released in late March. We will announce any changes to the API on the arin-tech-discuss mailing list.
ARIN welcomes community feedback regarding this ongoing project. Subscribe and participate on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list if you have questions or comments.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)