Posted: Wednesday, 15 September 2010
Tuesday, 21 September is the deadline for ARIN member organizations to confirm they have an eligible Designated Member Representative (DMR) to vote in this year's election for the ARIN Board of Trustees, Advisory Council (AC), and Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC). A short voter requirements FAQ is available at:
The final list of candidates will be announced on 20 September. Many of the candidates will address the membership on 6 October at ARIN's Public Policy and Members Meeting in Atlanta. These speeches, as well as brief biographies and a form to voice support for candidates can be found online at ARIN Election Headquarters:
The Administrative and Tech points of contact (POCs) of Member organizations, can update their DMR using ARIN Online by following these steps:
- Go to https://www.arin.net/.
- Click "New User" and follow the steps in the Account Setup Wizard to create an account.
- Login to ARIN Online, accept terms of service, and complete your user profile.
- Click "POC Records" on the left navigation bar.
- Click "Create" under the POC actions toolbox (if you are not linked to any POC already then click the "Create a POC Record" link from the POC records page).
- Select the DMR function and continue through the POC create wizard to create your new DMR POC.
- If the email address you entered for the DMR POC is the same as your web account's email address, they will be automatically linked. If not, you will need to click the Link to this POC button to request the link, and then enter the confirmation URL sent to your email account that was entered as the DMR POC email address.
- Now go the organization to modify your DMR to reflect the newly created DMR.
Alternatively, you can name a voter by sending a message to email@example.com with the name, postal address, and phone number of your new DMR. Remember to include your ORG ID in the subject line.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)