Posted: Tuesday, 31 August 2010
Elections for two (2) seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five (5) seats on the ARIN Advisory Council will be held online 6-16 October.
The following candidates have agreed to run for office:
Board of Trustees
- Vinton Cerf, Google, Inc.
- Lee Howard, Time Warner Cable
- Aaron Hughes, 6connect, Inc.
- Paul Vixie, Internet Systems Consortium
- Cathy Aronson, Cascadeo Corporation
- Jim Deleskie, Tata
- Owen DeLong, Hurricane Electric
- David Divins, Carpathia Hosting
- Wes George, Sprint
- Gary Giesen, Advanced Knowledge Networks
- Chris Grundemann, TW Telecom
- Martin Hannigan, Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- William Herrin, ITT
- Scott Leibrand, Internap
- Andrew Mentges, Jumpline Inc
- John Springer, Inland Telephone
- Tom Zeller, Indiana University
Many of the candidates will address the membership on 6 October at ARIN's Public Policy and Members Meeting in Atlanta. These speeches, brief biographies and a form to voice support for candidates can be found online at ARIN Election Headquarters:
Designated member representatives (DMRs) from ARIN's General Members in good standing (https://www.arin.net/about_us/membership/member.html) as of 1 January 2010 will be asked to vote for two (2) candidates in the Board election and five (5) candidates in the Advisory Council election. ARIN requires that a name and personalized email address be on record for the DMR; role accounts are not acceptable. Voter eligibility must be established at least 14 calendar days prior to the fourth quarter ARIN Members Meeting. Member organizations that are not in good standing or do not have a valid DMR on file as of 21 September 2010 will not be eligible to vote. Please email ARIN's Communications and Member Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you have a properly registered DMR. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions about your organization's billing status.
Congratulations and good luck to all of the candidates. ARIN appreciates your willingness to take an active role in guiding the organization.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)