Posted: Thursday, 8 July 2010
The 2010 Elections are fast approaching and this year ARIN has made some improvements and changes to the process that you should be aware of:
- NANOG and ARIN meeting attendees are now able to vote during the entire NRO NC voting period (29 September-6 October) as long as they have registered for the NANOG 50 or ARIN XXVI Meeting no later than 21 September. You can learn more at: https://www.arin.net/participate/elections/nronumbercouncil.html
- As initially announced in December 2009, General Member organizations must have been on record with ARIN by 1 January 2010 to be eligible to vote in the 2010 Elections. All new ARIN Members who joined after 1 January, 2010 will become eligible to vote in 2011.
- Since the last election, the Board of Trustees approved and adopted a Nomination Committee charter containing the Committee selection procedure and scope of responsibilities. You can view it at: https://www.arin.net/participate/elections/board.html#nomcom_charter
- This year candidates are able to provide one URL to any one blog, social media, or external website of their choice where they can talk to the voting public if they so choose.
- The amount of signatures of support needed for petitions to be successful has been lowered from 5% to 2% of General Members in good standing: https://www.arin.net/participate/elections/board.html#botpetition
- Look for changes in the Election Headquarters on the ARIN website throughout the election period. It has been improved with new graphics to make following the election process easier.
If you'd like to learn more about the ARIN Election process please visit ARIN Election Headquarters.
If you have additional inquiries, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)