Posted: Wed, 16 September 2009
ARIN Community -
Elections for three (3) seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five (5) seats on the ARIN Advisory Council will be held online 21-31 October.
The following candidates have been selected and have agreed to run for office:
Board of Trustees:
- Paul Andersen, EGATE Networks, Inc.
- Scott Bradner, Harvard University
- Lee Howard, Time Warner Cable
- Aaron Hughes, 6connect
- Frederick Silny, Charlotte Russe Holding, Inc.
- Mark Bayliss, Visual Link Internet
- John Brown, Citylink Fiber Holdings
- Rudolf Daniel, Independent
- Steve Feldman, CBS Interactive
- Wes George, Sprint
- Chris Grundemann, TW Telecom Inc / CO ISOC
- Stacy Hughes, Guavus, Inc
- Kevin Hunt, Hunt Brothers of Louisiana, LLC
- Mark Johnson, MCNC
- Kevin Kargel, Polar Communications
- Ed Kern, Cisco
- Chris Morrow, Google
- Christopher Savage, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP
- Heather Schiller, Verizon
- Rob Seastrom, Afilias
- Scott Weeks, Hawaiian Telcom
- Tom Zeller, Indiana University
With the announcement of the initial slates of candidates, ARIN opens a call for nominations to the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council through a petition process. In accordance with Article VIII, Section 2.b. of the ARIN Bylaws, any individual, regardless of membership status, may petition to be placed on the ballot for election to the Board of Trustees or Advisory Council by successfully completing the ARIN petition process.
Petition requests must be received by Tuesday 22 September, 2009. To be considered a candidate, each petitioner must obtain the support of the designated member representatives from at least 172 General Members in good standing. Petition support must be received by Tuesday, 6 October 2009. You can read more about the petition processes for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council elections at:
- Board of Trustees - https://www.arin.net/participate/elections/board.html#p_process
- Advisory Council - https://www.arin.net/participate/elections/ac.html#petp_pro
ARIN will announce the final slates of candidates for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council elections on Friday, 9 October.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)