Posted: Tue, 07 Oct 2008
Elections for two (2) seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five (5) seats on the ARIN Advisory Council will be held online 17-24 October. Details of the election procedures will be presented at the 17 October Members Meeting and will be posted on ARIN's website.
The final slate of candidates is:
Board of Trustees:
- Timothy Denton, Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
- Vikas Khanna, Covad Wireless
- Richard Swee, Simple IPTV
- Bill Woodcock, Packet Clearing House
- Dan Alexander, Comcast Cable
- Scott Beuker, Shaw Cablesystems
- Kent Claussen, CCS Technology Group LLC
- Marc Crandall, Google
- Bill Darte, Washington University
- David Farmer, University of Minnesota
- Christopher Grundemann, TW Telecom
- Michael Lambert, Pittsburg Supercomputer Center
- Matt Pounsett, Canadian Internet Registration Authority
- Alex Rubenstein, Net Access Corporation
- John Spence, Command Information
- John Sweeting, Time Warner Cable
It is important to note that Rich Groves has withdrawn his candidacy for the Advisory Council.
Many of the candidates will address the membership at the 17 October Members Meeting in Los Angeles. Individuals unable to attend the meeting can watch the live webcast to hear the speeches. Brief biographies, responses to questions about currently debated topics, and a form to voice support for candidates can be found at:
Designated member representatives (DMR) from ARIN's General Members in good standing will be eligible to vote for two (2) candidates in the Board election and five (5) candidates in the Advisory Council election.
ARIN Member Services requires a name and personalized email address is on record for the DMR; role accounts are not acceptable. As stated in previous announcements, the deadline for establishing voter eligibility was 3 October 2008.
Raymond A. Plzak
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)