Posted: Thu, 13 Sep 2007
Elections for two (2) seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five (5) seats on the ARIN Advisory Council will be held online 19-26 October.
The following candidates have agreed to run for office:
Board of Trustees:
- Lyman Chapin, Interisle Consulting Group, LLC
- Elise Gerich, Juniper Networks
- Edward Lewis, NeuStar
- Bill Manning, ep.net
- Danny McPherson, Arbor Networks, Inc.
- Chris Ranch, Hostway Corporation
- Cal Thixton, ThoughtPort Authority of Chicago, Inc, DBA SpeedSite OnLine DBA Power Web Connect
- Paul Vixie, Internet Systems Consortium
- Paul Andersen, Toronto Internet Exchange / EGATE Networks Inc.
- Cathy Aronson, Daydream Imagery
- Marla Azinger, Frontier Communications
- John Cavallaro, Cablevision
- Owen DeLong, JITTR Networks
- David Divins, ServerVault
- Tine Hutchison, United Online
- Scott Leibrand, Internap
- Mark McFadden, BT Americas
- David Williamson, Tellme Networks
- Ed Winstead, MCNC/NCREN
Many of the candidates will address the membership at the 19 October Members Meeting in Albuquerque. Brief biographies and a form to voice support for candidates can be found online at ARIN Election Headquarters:
Designated member representatives (DMRs) from ARIN's General Members in good standing (http://www.arin.net/membership/index.html#gmigs) will be asked to vote for two (2) candidates in the Board election and five (5) candidates in the Advisory Council election. ARIN Member Services requires a name and personalized email address be on record for the DMR; role accounts are not acceptable. Voter eligibility must be established at least 14 calendar days prior to the fourth quarter ARIN Members Meeting. Organizations that are not in good standing or do not have a valid DMR on file as of 5 October 2007 will not be eligible to vote. Please email Member Services at email@example.com to ensure you have a properly registered DMR. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your organization's billing status.
Congratulations and good luck to all of the candidates. ARIN appreciates your willingness to take an active role in guiding the organization.
Raymond A. Plzak
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)