Posted: Tue, 29 Aug 2006
Some Questions About the Policy Process
- Do you want to know what policy proposals will be discussed at the upcoming ARIN Public Policy Meeting?
- Do you want a better understanding about what they are about?
- Do you want to know what has been said about them so far?
- Do you have an idea about how ARIN should manage Internet Number Resources?
- Do you think that a current policy should be enhanced or changed, or even retired?
- Are you hesitant about making a formal proposal on the Public Policy Mail List (PPML)?
- Are you new to the Policy Development Process?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you should attend the Open Policy Hour!
What is The Open Policy Hour?
Quite simply, it is your opportunity to get a better understanding of what is going to be discussed at the upcoming Public Policy Meeting or for you to discuss your ideas in an open, informal forum and receive feedback or both! The Open Policy Hour consists of two parts.
Part One is the P2B2 or the Policy Proposal Background Briefing. ARIN staff will provide summary information regarding the policy proposals that will be discussed at the meeting. Members of the ARIN Advisory Council will be present to answer general questions about the policy proposals. There will be no discussion of the proposals, just the information that you need to help you understand the nature of the proposals and what has been said so far about them.
Part Two is the P2B or the Policy Proposal BoF. This is where you get a chance to "test drive" a policy idea. How can you participate? Bring your ideas and questions. If you have a policy suggestion for which you would like to receive feedback prior to submitting it to the community on the PPML, here is your opportunity. If you have a short (3-minute) presentation prepared you will be given the first opportunity to present it. To sign up to give a presentation please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 October 2006 with your name, organization, and a brief description of your policy subject.
Come join your colleagues in this informal setting. The Open Policy Hour for ARIN XVIII will be held on Tuesday, 10 October, from 6:00 - 7:00 PM.
Registration for ARIN XVIII is simple. Registration and hotel details are at:
Contact Member Services at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Member Services Department
American Registry for Internet Numbers