Thursday, March 23, 2006
- Ron da Silva (RD), Chair
- Alec Peterson (AP), Vice Chair
- Dan Alexander (DA)
- Paul Andersen (PA)
- Marla Azinger (MA)
- Leo Bicknell (LB)
- Bill Darte (BD)
- Matt Pounsett (MP)
- Lea Roberts (LR)
- Alex Rubenstein (AR)
- Robert Seastrom (RS)
- Einar Bohlin (EB), Policy Analyst
- Therese Colosi, Recording Secretary
- Richard Jimmerson (RJ), Director of External Relations
- Stephen Ryan
- Cathy Aronson
- Nate Davis
- Mark Kosters
- Ray Plzak
- Stacy Taylor
- Suzanne Woolf
The Chair called the meeting to order at 4:05 p.m. EDT. The presence of a quorum was noted and the Chair welcomed everyone to the call.
2. Agenda Bashing
The Chair called for any comments. The Chair asked if everyone received a copy and if there were any comments. There were no comments.
3. Approval of the Minutes of February 16, 2006
The chair stated that:
"The ARIN Advisory Council adopts the Minutes of February 16, 2006 as written."
There were no objections. The motion carried.
4. Policy Proposal 2005-1: Provider-Independent IPv6 Assignments for End Sites
LR stated that this continues to be discussed on PPML and the latest version has been posted. The Chair asked for any further comments. There were no further comments.
5. Policy Proposal 2005-8: Proposal to Amend ARIN IPv6 Assignment and Utilization Requirement
LR stated that the author posted a new version and some comments had been received. She stated that during the upcoming ARIN meeting it will be open for further discussion.
6. Policy Proposal 2005-9: 4-Byte AS Number Policy Proposal
AP stated that there had been no further discussion on the PPML on this proposal since the last AC meeting. LR stated for reference that this proposal went forward in the APNIC region.
7. Policy Proposal 2006-1: Residential Customer Privacy
MA stated that she and PA had no update at this time, and that she would email the author today for an update. PA stated that the author had asked who mediated when the author speaks about the proposal at the meeting. The Chair requested RJ explain the mediation process to the author. RJ agreed to do so.
8. Policy Proposal 2006-2: Micro-Allocations for Internal Infrastructure
BD stated that there was very little discussion on the PPML and that further discussion would take place at the ARIN meeting.
The Chair suggested stirring up discussion on all proposals on the PPML prior to the ARIN meeting.
9. Policy Proposal 2006-3: Capturing Originations in Templates
MK and SW were not present to give an update on this policy proposal. BD read an update from EB's report sent to the AC list.
10. Policy Proposal 2006-4: IPv6 Direct PI Assignments for End Sites
BD stated that there was no lack of discussion on this topic, and that there should be a lively discussion at the ARIN meeting.
11. Policy Proposal 2006-5: IPv4 Micro-allocations for Anycast Services (Temporary)
The Chair called for any volunteers besides SW to shepherd this proposal. BD and MP also volunteered. BD read an update from EB's report sent to the AC list. The Chair suggested that the volunteers stir up discussion on the PPML.
12. Any Other Business
The Chair called for any other business. There was no other business to be discussed.
The Chair adjourned the meeting at 4:20 EDT. There were no objections.