Read Me: Report of Resources with No Valid POCs
The list of number resources without valid POCs is provided subject to an approved request under ARIN's Bulk Whois Acceptable Use Policy.
ARIN's Whois data is for Internet operational or technical research purposes pertaining to Internet operations only. It may not be used for advertising, direct marketing, marketing research, or similar purposes. Use of ARIN's Whois data for these activities is explicitly forbidden. ARIN requests to be notified of any such activities or suspicions thereof.
Redistributing this data is explicitly forbidden. Distribution of derivative data is only permitted with the express written permission of ARIN and under the same terms as this AUP. It is permissible to publish the data on an individual query or small number of queries at a time basis, as long as reasonable precautions are taken to prevent automated querying by database harvesters.
By retrieving this data, you agree to the acceptable use policy for ARIN's Whois data and confirm the accuracy of the information provided in your request.
This report contains a list Nets and ASNs that meet the following criteria:
- There are no POCs associated with the resource either directly
(a resource POC) or indirectly (a POC associated with the resource's Org)
- ALL POCs associated with the resource are invalid. A POC handle is marked invalid by ARIN staff when the POC has not been modified in more than one year and the POC fails to respond to ARIN's requests to validate the POC information.
Contents of ZIP File
- the report in XML format
- the report in text format
- the XSLT template used to generate the text format from the XML format
- directory of RelaxNG schema files that define the xml document above
- this file
Description of Elements
This section provides a semantic description of many of the XML elements in the report.
General XML Elements
- either an ASN handle, Net Handle, or Org handle depending on the type of the immediate parent XML element
- orgHandle & orgName
- element containing info about an organization. Always nested within ASN and net XML elements. Identifies the organization to which the net/ASN has been allocated.
- when nested within an org XML element, this represents the organization name.
ASN XML Elements
- element containing info about a single Autonomous System Number resource
- the first AS number in the registration
- the last AS number in the registration range. If the resource registration only represents a single AS number, then the endAsNumber is the same as the startAsNumber.
NET XML Elements
- element containing info about a single Network resource
- the lowest IP (v4 or v6) address of a range of consecutive IP address blocks assigned to a single net handle
- the highest IP (v4 or v6) address of a range of consecutive IP address blocks assigned to a single net handle
This section contains additional information for those who wish to review the schemas or use them to validate the xml.
The provided schemas are written in Relax NG Compact Syntax. Detailed info about Relax NG syntax can be found here: http://www.relaxng.org/compact-tutorial-20030326.html
Each major element of the schema is broken out into its own .rnc file. The top level file is nvpr.rnc. All other schema fragments will be referenced from nvpr.rnc.
Validation and parsing with RelaxNG Compact Schema can be done in Java using Jing
- Main: http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/jing.html
- Download: http://code.google.com/p/jing-trang/downloads/list
- JavaDoc: http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/api/jing/index.html
Jing provides a jar file and API to invoke Relax NG validation for a given schema and xml document. You can also run it from the command line:
java -jar jing.jar -c schema/nvpr.rnc no-valid-poc-resource-report.xml
Downloading Using an API Key
The report can be downloaded directly without logging into ARIN Online using a RESTful HTTP request containing your API key. The URL must look like:
There are a variety of ways to automate the retrieval of this report. For example, on a Linux system, where your API key is API-1111-2222-3333-4444, you can use the following 'curl' command to download the report file:
curl https://www.arin.net/public/rest/downloads/nvpr?apikey=API-1111-2222-3333-4444 > arin_nvpr.zip
You can manage your API keys on the Your Account > Settings page when logged into your ARIN Online account.