Draft Policies & Proposals
Addressing policies in the ARIN region are created in accordance with the "Policy Development Process."
Draft and Recommended Draft Policies
The following drafts have been posted to the Public Policy Mailing List for community discussion.
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-1: Out of Region Use
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-6: Remove Operational Reverse DNS Text
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-14: Needs Attestation for some IPv4 Transfers
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-17: Change Utilization Requirements from last-allocation to total-aggregate
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-19: New MDN Allocation Based on Past Utilization
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-21: Modification to CI Pool Size per Section 4.4
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-22: Removal of Minimum in Section 4.10
An idea for a policy that is submitted to the Advisory Council using the policy proposal template.
Proposals can be found at the Proposal Archive.
See Part One, 3.2 of the Policy Development Process.
Adopted Policy (implementation pending)
- None at this time
Discussion on PPML can cover a variety of policy related topics, and ARIN encourages free discussion. ARIN announcements to the PPML about draft policies include the draft policy number in the subject field. Please retain the policy number in the subject line when you make comments about specific draft policies. Your post or reply should open with a statement of support or nonsupport for the topic to allow others to follow discussions of interest more easily and make your position clear.