Draft Policies & Proposals
Addressing policies in the ARIN region are created in accordance with the "Policy Development Process."
Draft and Recommended Draft Policies
The following drafts have been posted to the Public Policy Mailing List for community discussion.
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-2: Modify 8.4 (Inter-RIR Transfers to Specified Recipients)
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-7: Simplified requirements for demonstrated need for IPv4 transfers
- Draft Policy ARIN-2016-1: Reserved Pool Transfer Policy
- Draft Policy ARIN-2016-2 Change timeframes for IPv4 requests to 24 months
- Draft Policy ARIN-2016-3 Alternative simplified criteria for justifying small IPv4 transfers
An idea for a policy that is submitted to the Advisory Council using the policy proposal template.
Proposals can be found at the Proposal Archive.
See Part One, 3.2 of the Policy Development Process.
Recommended to the Board of Trustees for Adoption
Adopted Policy (implementation pending)
- To be implemented no later than 31 July
Discussion on PPML can cover a variety of policy related topics, and ARIN encourages free discussion. ARIN announcements to the PPML about draft policies include the draft policy number in the subject field. Please retain the policy number in the subject line when you make comments about specific draft policies. Your post or reply should open with a statement of support or nonsupport for the topic to allow others to follow discussions of interest more easily and make your position clear.