Draft Policies & Proposals
Addressing policies in the ARIN region are created in accordance with the "Policy Development Process."
Draft and Recommended Draft Policies
The following drafts have been posted to the Public Policy Mailing List for community discussion.
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2013-7: NRPM 4 (IPv4) Policy Cleanup
- Draft Policy ARIN-2013-8: Subsequent Allocations for New Multiple Discrete Networks
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-1: Out of Region Use
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-2: Improving 8.4 Anti-Flip Language
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-3: Remove 8.2 and 8.3 and 8.4 Minimum IPv4 Block Size Requirements
- LAST CALL Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-4: Remove 4.2.5 Web Hosting Policy
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-5: Remove 7.2 Lame Delegations
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-6: Remove 7.1 [Maintaining IN-ADDRs]
- LAST CALL Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-7: Section 4.4 Micro Allocation Conservation Update
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-8: Alignment of 8.3 Needs Requirements to Reality of Business
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-9: Resolve Conflict Between RSA and 8.2 Utilization Requirements
- LAST CALL Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2014-10: Remove Sections 4.6 and 4.7
- Draft Policy ARIN-2014-11: Improved Registry Accuracy Proposal
- Draft Policy ARIN-2414-12: Anti-hijack Policy
An idea for a policy that is submitted to the Advisory Council using the policy proposal template.
Proposals can be found at the Proposal Archive.
See Part One, 3.2 of the Policy Development Process.
Adopted Policy (implementation pending)
- None at this time
Discussion on PPML can cover a variety of policy related topics, and ARIN encourages free discussion. ARIN announcements to the PPML about draft policies include the draft policy number in the subject field. Please retain the policy number in the subject line when you make comments about specific draft policies. Your post or reply should open with a statement of support or nonsupport for the topic to allow others to follow discussions of interest more easily and make your position clear.