Draft Policies & Proposals
Addressing policies in the ARIN region are created in accordance with the "Policy Development Process."
Draft and Recommended Draft Policies
The following drafts have been posted to the Public Policy Mailing List for community discussion.
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-1: Modification to Criteria for IPv6 Initial End-User Assignments
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-2: Modify 8.4 (Inter-RIR Transfers to Specified Recipients)
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-3: Remove 30 day utilization requirement in end-user IPv4 policy
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-4: Modify 8.2 section to better reflect how ARIN handles reorganizations
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-5: Out of region use
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-6: Transfers and Multi-national Networks
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-7: Simplified requirements for demonstrated need for IPv4 transfers
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-8: Reassignment records for IPv4 End-Users
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9: Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4 transfers of IPv4 netblocks
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-10: Minimum IPv6 Assignments
- Draft Policy ARIN-2015-11: Remove transfer language which only applied pre-exhaustion of IPv4 pool
An idea for a policy that is submitted to the Advisory Council using the policy proposal template.
Proposals can be found at the Proposal Archive.
See Part One, 3.2 of the Policy Development Process.
Adopted Policy (implementation pending)
- None at this time
Discussion on PPML can cover a variety of policy related topics, and ARIN encourages free discussion. ARIN announcements to the PPML about draft policies include the draft policy number in the subject field. Please retain the policy number in the subject line when you make comments about specific draft policies. Your post or reply should open with a statement of support or nonsupport for the topic to allow others to follow discussions of interest more easily and make your position clear.