Draft Policies & Proposals
Addressing policies in the ARIN region are created in accordance with the "Policy Development Process."
The following have been posted to the Public Policy Mailing List for community discussion.
- Draft Policy ARIN-2016-3: Alternative simplified criteria for justifying small IPv4 transfers
- Draft Policy ARIN-2016-7: Integration of Community Networks into existing ISP policy
Recommended to the Board of Trustees for Adoption
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-2: Modify 8.4 (Inter-RIR Transfers to Specified Recipients)
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-1: Reserved Pool Transfer Policy
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-2: Change timeframes for IPv4 requests to 24 months
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-4: Transfers for new entrants
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-5: Post-IPv4-Free-Pool-Depletion Transfer Policy
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-6: Eliminate HD-Ratio from NRPM
An idea for a policy that is submitted to the Advisory Council using the policy proposal template.
Proposals can be found at the Proposal Archive.
Global Proposals (See Part One, 3.2 of the Policy Development Process)
Discussion on PPML can cover a variety of policy related topics, and ARIN encourages free discussion. ARIN announcements to the PPML about draft policies include the draft policy number in the subject field. Please retain the policy number in the subject line when you make comments about specific draft policies. Your post or reply should open with a statement of support or nonsupport for the topic to allow others to follow discussions of interest more easily and make your position clear.