ACSP Suggestion 2012.1: Restore some email functionality
- Owen DeLong
- Submitted On:
- 16 February 2012
First you took away email templates. Now, instead of being at least able to continue working the ticket in email exchanges, I get something useless like this:
ARIN-20120216-X4804 - End-user IPv4 Request has been updated.
To view the full details, log in to your ARIN Web account and visit the Message Center, or click the URL below.
If the URL will not load from this message, copy and paste it into your browser.
Please do not reply to this message.
American Registry for Internet Numbers
in response to my ticket submission.
At least please restore the following email based functionality:
- Email confirmation of submitted IP requests
- Full text updates sent to my email when the ticket is updated.
- The ability to reply to the email in order to interact with ARIN rather than forcing me through the web interface.
- 26 February 2013
02 March 2012
We will be scheduling some time with you to review your input below as well as other feedback you have previously provided in suggestions and directly through email.
The goal of the review is to ensure we fully understand the feedback you have provided based on your use cases. Additionally, we want to ensure you are aware of all ARIN Online and RESTful functionality available to you. We plan to schedule this with you next week.
ARIN will keep this suggestion open.
09 April 2012
Staff has determined that it will cost approximately $36,900 in engineering efforts plus limited registration services and communications efforts to implement this suggestion, given the following limited scope:
- ARIN Online users would have the option to receive email from ARIN Online in addition to the messages that are posted to the message center.
- These additional emails will not include attachments.
- The ARIN Online user will not be able to reply to the email. Any follow-up must be conducted through ARIN Online's web interface.
24 January 2013
This suggestion is noted as having similar recommended improvements to 2012.18 and 2011.21. Therefore 2012.18 will be closed and the scope of 2011.21 will be constrained to user interface/usability improvements. This suggestion will remain open until implemented or some other future action.
26 February 2013
2012.1 notes that 2013.1 has made similar enhancement requests and should be considered in weighing the priority of this suggestion.