Collection, Revocation and Reinstatement Process
Table of Contents
Note: ARIN's hours for processing reinstatements are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM ET (excluding holidays). The process may take one or more business days to complete, depending on the complexity of the situation and whether a transfer will be needed in order to bring the registration information up to date.
ARIN initiates the collection process by sending invoices to resource holders at least 30 days before they are due (typically 60 days before). Once the account is 30-days overdue, ARIN emails 3 different reminders to all known point of contacts (POCs) and makes additional attempts to contact a resource holder by phone, email and standard mail.
In accordance with ARIN's Registration Services Agreement (RSA), ARIN stops providing registration and associated services when an organization's annual invoice becomes 120-days past due.
- If full payment is not received by the time the invoice is 120-days past due, ARIN removes the resources and its associated record(s) from ARIN's registration database. This is an automated process that runs every Tuesday.
- To allow an organization time to pay any outstanding fees and update their registration information if needed, resources will not be permanently revoked and made available for reissue until six months after the unpaid invoice was due.
- In accordance with the outlined procedures, once ARIN permanently revokes a resource and removes its record from ARIN's registration database, the resource becomes part of ARIN's available inventory and reinstatement of these resources will no longer be possible.
- If an organization needs Internet number resources beyond this point, it will need to submit a request for new resources.
Requests for reinstatement must be submitted through the ASK ARIN feature of ARIN Online using the following steps:
- Log into your ARIN Online account.
If you don't have an ARIN Online account, you can create one here.
- On the Menu Tab, select ASK ARIN
- Select Payments from the list of topics.
- Enter the Subject: REINSTATE Request and the Organization identifier (Org ID)
- Provide the following information in the Question field and submit
- Organization Identifier (Org ID)
- Organization name
- Resources to be reinstated
- Any other pertinent information about your account
- A call-back phone number in case we need additional information
Upon receipt, ARIN verifies that the organization's name is still accurate and represents an active, legally-registered business entity within the ARIN Region. Once verified, ARIN sends the resource holder the past due invoice(s) and a new Registration Services Agreement (RSA) to sign. An account cannot be reinstated until ARIN receives payment for the past due invoice amount and a signed RSA.
If an organization's records are no longer accurate due to a name change, merger, acquisition or similar activity, a reinstatement will not be possible until a transfer has been completed. For more information on transfers, visit ARIN's resource transfers page or contact the Registration Services help desk for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1.703.227.0660 (Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET).