ACSP Consultation: Deleting Aged Report Request Tickets
Posted: Wednesday, 26 June 2019
Since the launch of ARIN Online, we have been in the practice of retaining all customer tickets, and this includes ticketed requests for reports of the following types:
- Associations reports
- WhoWas reports
- Reassignment reports
- User Reassignment reports
After eleven years, we have well over a million such report tickets that we believe should be deleted from our systems in order to improve system performance, and to improve the customer experience by clearing unnecessary clutter from report tickets in the ticket history. It is our intention to move forward with deleting the report tickets of the above types (and associated reports) that are over 90-days old, and to change our ticket retention policy so that these types of tickets requesting reporting will expire and be deleted after 90 days going forward.
We plan to notify all users who have tickets that will be deleted in advance of this action in case they wish to download any of these old reports. We will also be updating our ticket messaging to inform customers that these reports are subject to expiration and that they should download any report that they wish to keep for more than 90 days.
Because this is a significant change to our business practices, we are opening this community consultation to solicit feedback prior to implementation.
Please provide comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can subscribe to this mailing list at:
This consultation will remain open through 5:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, 31 July 2019.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Member Change to the 2019 Nomination Committee
- Updates to ARIN’s Registration RESTful Service (Reg-RWS)
- 2019 Call for ARIN Board of Trustees, ARIN Advisory Council, and NRO Number Council Nominations
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- NRPM 2019.2 - New Policies Implemented
- Apply to ARIN’s Fellowship Program to Attend ARIN 44
- ARIN Online Maintenance Scheduled for 13 July 2019
- Independence Day Closing Information
- ARIN 44 Registration Now Open
- ACSP Consultation: Deleting Aged Report Request Tickets
- » View Archive